Biocube or Nanocube?

akbuuur

Hi Guys! I'm back just like the rest of the people that can never really leave the hobby. I'm looking for something small, a bio/nanocube either 24/29 gallon. I have no preference for either and I want to know if there are any specific advantages to either of them. I bought a sunpod (150 watt) hqi off craigslist... but now i'm thinking about doing led. What are you guy's experience with LEDs in the cubes? Also I have what seems to be a dumb question... but I'll go ahead with it. I want to add a tunze 9002 skimmer which I've heard great things about... However I was wondering if the skimmate cup does not allow one to have the hood on.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys! I'm back just like the rest of the people that can never really leave the hobby. I'm looking for something small, a bio/nanocube either 24/29 gallon. I have no preference for either and I want to know if there are any specific advantages to either of them. I bought a sunpod (150 watt) hqi off craigslist... but now i'm thinking about doing led. What are you guy's experience with LEDs in the cubes? Also I have what seems to be a dumb question... but I'll go ahead with it. I want to add a tunze 9002 skimmer which I've heard great things about... However I was wondering if the skimmate cup does not allow one to have the hood on.

Thanks in advance!

If it didn't come with a skimmer, why try to jury rig a skimmer into place? 90% of HOB or small internal skimmers don't work anyways.

Biocube by far easier to work with under the hood, though for the price http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/46520-tanks-ballasts-ac-iii-chiller-and-more-for-sale/page__pid__389363__st__0entry389363 you can't beat that if yo uwant to go 12, if you're going larger I'd still make the argument for a nano cube.

Edited by jason the filter freak

So I ended up getting a great deal on a nano cube 24.

zygote I'm thinking like you right now.... I think i'm going to KISS(keep it simple stupid) with this tank.

Thanks for the heads up Jason and thanks for your input guys!

As for the back i was planning on doing a refugium with rubble and cheato. Any thoughts?

Got a BC29 and if I had to do it over again I would not get ANY cube. The back chambers will turn into a big detritus trap and then they need to be vacuumed out -kinda of a pain.