Carpooling for the Social

Since Dr. Mac's isnt right around the corner like most of the vendors, I thought it would be a good idea to start a carpool thread so that members can plan to take the trip together. Maybe some people have already talked about it with one another, but I think more people will be inclined to come if they dont have to make the long drive alone.

I cant really thing of a good system to match people up with one another other then just saying if you can drive, or if you need a ride. Make sure you list your location so everyone knows where you are, and if you are a driver list how many seats you have.

Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture WAMAS Social

Im not 100% sure if I can drive or not, so for right now Im looking for a ride in the Frederick area. My truck doesnt have AC, and only seats 2, not sure if I'll be able to burrow someones car or not.

If someone from Frederick is going for sure please let me know. I can also drive to Gaithersburg or Rockville as well, but Frederick would be nicer.

I am in and can take two others. I am in DC, but am happy to meet somewhere convenient like the New Carrolton metro station.

I am in and can take two others. I am in DC, but am happy to meet somewhere convenient like the New Carrolton metro station.

I would like to take one of those seats.

Hey guys, just a reminder that we'll need a head count so we know what to expect for pizza! Also, rumor has it there may be drawings for door prizes from some of our newest stock (Maxima Clams or Aussie Acans perhaps?). The exact number of prizes will depend on the number of WAMAS members in attendance, so make sure to bring all your buddies along!

Hilary, how about putting a voting thread up for a head count? It might make things a little easier.

I am leaving from DC at 8:30 am, making a stop at the New Carrollton Metro Station at 9:00 am and then heading out. I have room for one more in my car if someone needs a ride and wants to meet me.

Maybe there won't be a party bus... but there will be a party car!!

Chad

Guest thefishman65

I have one opening coming from Gainesville (south around the beltway). It might be a little tight, but the more the merrier.

Also if you have not added yourself to the head count list here is a link(since I had trouble finding it).

Thank you PEA for hosting. I'm jealous of those able to make it out. I need to find a way to take part in the "dawg days" specials you are running to make up. Off to your forum to check out what I missed.

Thanks for having us!

And, Doug, there isn't anything left... I bought it all ;)

(edited)

Just got home about a half hour ago, The fish I picked up and the clam I won are acclimating as I type. Thanks for having us out there today, it was really nice seeing the store and learning about how you guys do things. Your store is the cleanest LFS I have even been to, I've been to hospitals that were dirtier then your shop. It was worth the drive for sure ( worth the ride in my case, Thanks Chad)

Thanks once again for the clams you gave away for the door prizes, it was very generous of you. For all those didnt attend today, Dr. mac gave away 2 clams, the odds of winning were pretty good with only about 10 or so members there today. Even thought there were only a few of us the trip was well worth it. The selection of corals was great, I only wish I had more money that I could have spent, I will difinitely be buying from you guys again in the future.

Chad did just about buy half the stuff in the store, Im just glad he had enough trunk space in the car, I was starting to worry I might be left behind. :biggrin:

Edited by FearTheTerps

Dr. Mac was great. Thanks for letting me pick your brain. Great to see some faces and the inordinate number of Rons that made the trip! :tongue:

Ron

Thank you Dr. Mac!! You are a great host. Amazingly clean tanks. I haven't been in a pet store with a lounge area before. Thank you for having us.