.....finally

Guest Sgt Fury

Guest Sgt Fury

Well I have finally gotten back on my feet after upgrading to my new 240. What a fiasco! I purchased the tank from glasscages.com and as my luck would have it, an ice storm hit the region on the night I was to pick it up. Besides the nice folks from glasscages being understandably 4 hours late for an 8pm pickup, I was by myself using a borrowed truck and trailer that was ill suited for the task. I can honestly say, it was a serious "white knuckler" from Manassass to Leesburg. Fortunately, being a Buffalo NY native, both the tank, truck, trailer and mental state made it to my Leesburg residence in one piece. Just wait, it gets better.

By this time most of my livestock is starting to show the effects of living out of tupperware bins. They couldnt last much longer...... Well in my haste in building the stand, my hammer slipped and cracked the left side panel. I almost cried! Jeesh, that was really the pits! Anyways, after replacing and sealing the glass numerous times before it met my approval, another couple of weeks had manged to go by and my corals were in bad shape and to top it off, I was looking at a 2 week family vaction taking place in less than a months time.

Well, the vacation was great and im happy to say the tank is up and running.....barebottom. Yep, I lost quite a few corals and will be seeing my favorite coral pusher....David soon, but the moral of my story is this, take your time and dont be afraid to ask for help in this forum. I should have turned to this forum and you, my fellow hobbyists for assitance. I didnt and paid the price. If anyone out there needs a temporary home or some help in watching/moving a tank, let me know. Also, if you get a chance, check out my new/old gallery pics and imagine yourself putting a hammer through the left side panel. Ouch! Joe.

Guest Sgt Fury

Well, did I mention a snow and ice storm? The glasscages folks helped me load it it up and then it was just a matter of getting it to my garage. I backed up the trailer into my garage and fortunately my neighbors trailer has a tilt capacity. Then it was just a matter of padding the floor, bracing and lowering with pnuemonic jacks.....and to think my high school physics teacher always thought I was stoned or asleep. He would have been so proud!

As for getting it into my basement, it took 5 good neighbors and a couple cases of beer. All worked out much to my surprise.