Here is a pic of our 210, sorry we didn't get any build pics it was a big rush a lot of breakdown time... Here it is though, can't wait til it grows out. I will post update pics everynow and then.

FTS.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank is a 7' by 2' by 2' tank and the lighting is three 250 10k xms 2 blue t5s. The 2 purple t5s are going on when I build the canopy. Return is still the little giant (maybe 1200gph) but I drilled a bigger hole so I can upgrade once I find something I like (gotta do a little more research). And I also have a little giant 1400 or so for the skimmer which you can't see in the pic thats on the left. The skimmer is a 4' lifereef which I love so far and I can also set up as a recirculating skimmer if I need to in the future. May have to since there are around 16 fish in the tank. Trying to keep this setup simple.

I gotta thank swimboy, trueself, and coralhind for helping with things from moving the tank to helping move livestock and letting me borrow things I needed! You made this process so much easier!

Yea thats all thoes corals I had in the tubs and my in my 100. Just about everything has been grown from little frags so far even the lps. There are scratches on the glass but I wasn't really worried about that, I just wanted a bigger tank for the tangs. Plus the tank was a great deal. I am lucky the flatworms I had a few months ago didn't cause any damage other than the two colonies I found them on originally (big red planet and validia).

Thanks, even with me having to throw all the rocks in real quickly I think it turned out okay. I am still moving pieces around some trying to find out where everything is happy now that I got the new powerheads. All I have left to do is build a box for the lights. Still unsure how I want to do it though, need to make sure I can get in there easily.

Thanks everyone, I dunnno where Amanda picked that thing up at. We have had it for a little while though. Trying to find a better light though but it works for now.

I was over and got the damsels off you when you where setting up. Nice work looks awesome. Everything you gave me is doing ready good those watermelon Zoes are multipling. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took a few pics today some of the fish and a few corals and a growth shot of my sunset milli. Just got done treating with interceptor too so hopefully thoes things are gone now.

I also got a mystery wrasse!

Next step is starting to build my canopy, which should be fun!

Side view...

IMG_1552.jpg

Some of the fish...

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Sunset milli two months back...

1.jpg

Sunset milli today... Sorry for the difference in picture size kinda hard to see.

2.jpg

Its a dussumieri tang, cool fish, likes to blow bubbles and has lots of different patterns and colors depeneding on its mood.

Fish list...

cheveron tang

sailfin tang

dussumieri tang

hippo tang

african halfback angel

angel (the blue white and black I can't remember her name right now...)

copperband butterfly

algae blenny

bicolor blenny

mated pair of green mandarins

mated pair of clowns

cardinal fish (who needs a friend or two)

mystery wrasse

melanurus wrasse

blue striped cleaner wrasse

Hopefully the bicolor and the halfback angel stay well behaved...

probly forgetting someone and will remember later...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some better reflectors, I just need to think of a way to build a canopy around them. Got some rails with it so maybe I can just build the canopy and attach the front of the box to the light track and light support system so it slides out to the other side of the room.

I also want to upgrade my return pump but I think I am going hold off til I get the canopy up. The skimmer pump is bigger than the return right now so I am thinking once I upgrade that the skimmer will be more effecient.

Hey thanks Dave makes us feel good when we get compliments! The systems that we combined to put this tank together, one was 4 years old and the other was 8 or 9, so we didn't really see anything negative happen when we combined them except the nitrates went up to 20 or 30 for a few weeks and the phosphates were a little high from removing the DSB on the 150 too early I am guessing. I am suprised all the coral did so well through the tank switch, aefw, and the red bugs.

I still concider it a new tank though since we haven't been into keeping sps for that long or a large tank for that matter.