Tank Tours 2011

flowerseller

It can be done how ever the group for that day wants. Experience shows that even if you set a 11:00-1:00 time, folks show up at 5 minutes of 1:00 and we all know you can't look at a tank for 5 minutes.

In a couple weeks I'll contact groups and have them look at dates that work and time frames.

we could use a Manassas area tour selection

I am loving this idea! There is so much learn from other people's tanks IMO! It is a great opportunity to ask questions and maybe even take some pics of the setups! Really excited to go see other tanks! Hopefully it will be on a day that I am not working! (I work weekends too sometimes) :wacko:

I'll sign up for the tank tour if it comes to woodbridge. I'm almost done with my 150 in-wall tank build and would love to get some constructive criticism on it!

If the tour is going as far south as woodbridge, i can throw in my tank in a couple months. Right now its occasionally painful to look at :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't think there has been on for a very long time. I think it's hard to coordinate. And Chip has a good point - people don't show up until the group is about to move to the next place.

Maybe the first stop should be a cookout or potluck or something, so folks will have something to do while waiting for the rest to show up before the second stop.

• 1 year later...
Guest thefishman65

Ok, how is this Forrest.

December 31st at 8:00 pm I will have a something. People will have at least 4 hours to show up. Now we just need some folks in the Gainesville/Bristow area to host a tank tour in the wee hours of Jan 1st.

Hmm, will this be the first and last tank tour of 2012 and the first (and hopefully not last) of 2013? Or is it just shameless advertising?