Advice on where to buy a new large tank.

I actually had a really good experience with glasscages. If you are not feeling that bold, I would check with NAGA. He has built some big tanks.

There's actually a guy on CMAS that is selling a complete setup, lights, tank, stand, etc. etc. (220g, I think it's 7' x 2' x 2') for a very reasonable price < $700. I think his father passed away and the family just wants it out since it's a lot of work to take care of. :(

Edited by amay121

There's actually a guy on CMAS that is selling a complete setup, lights, tank, stand, etc. etc. (220g, I think it's 7' x 2' x 2') for a very reasonable price < $700. I think his father passed away and the family just wants it out since it's a lot of work to take care of. :(

Yea, and it includes 250lb of rock... Check it out.

http://cmas-md.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65444

Well shoot I just looked at that post on CMAS and I think that is more my price, even though its a little smaller than what I wanted I think I will go check it out. Thanks guys! I will be going up there this weekend I think its above Baltimore if anyone feels like helping.

Thanks for posting this here. My dad kept fish for as long as I can remember. We started our first reef tank back in the 80's when no one really knew what they were doing. He loved the 220. That tank and gardening were his two passions. As his health failed, he would sit in his fish room for hours, just watching the tank. I breaks my heart not to be able to keep it, but I think it's going to a good home. Paul is going to combine it with one of his existing tanks and donate the rest of the rock to a local school. I think my dad would have liked that.

Thanks again for your help in finding a good home for the tank.

Marty