Frag Swap Spring Meeting

Gatortailale

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

Take a look at anything that I'm offering, I would be interested in a variety of Zoo's?

Howard

30028[/snapback]

Howard its yours. No hurry on the trade, you can hit me up next time around.

Here's some pics of the corals and frags I'd like to find new homes for. My tank is getting way crowded, and I still have the SeaCrop frags in my quarantine tank that I have yet to add.

Pinkish, cream, or green sinularia (full size cutting) $20

197Green_sinularia-med.JPG

Orange Montipora digitada frag $5

197Orange_monti_digi.JPG

Pulsing Red sea xenia $15 for 4-5 stalks mounted

197Red_Sea_xenia.JPG

Green & brown favites (full size coral ~3"x6") $30

197Favites.JPG

Orange zoo rock (~1"x2" rock, 20+ zoos) $20

197Orange_zoos-med.JPG

Pictures of the rest are in my gallery.

Caramel montipora digitada frag $5

Branching hydnopora frag $5

GSP mat 2"x7" unmounted strip $15

Jon

Jon--would you be willing to trade the xenia for a small frag of purple montipora digitata? It is small--about 1/2 inch--I got it at the last meeting--but it's doing well. And is mounted..

Does the green and brown favites need a lot of light?

Sharon

Guest Larry-T

Hi, all

I'm just getting back into marine for the third time and just sent my check in to WAMAS for membership. In my earlier tanks, I had to subordinate my marine tank to my freshwater hatchery and always wound up breeding so much FW stuff that it ran me out of tank space. Now I'm getting more serious and will be dedicating up to six moderatey-sized tanks (20-30 gal) to the marine hobby, while leaving the rest for killifish and small cichlid propogation. My first 30 gal tank should be cycled with live rock by the time of the next meeting, so I'll be looking to buy/acquire a few frags and/or polyps that don't require high light. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Looking forward to the meeting.

Larry

Anyone have any Hammer, Frogspawn, or Torch available? Mainly interested in a frag of frogspawn since the one I ordered from the seacrop order didn't make the trip, but I'm open to any of the above.

Paul,

Thanks for the Green centered Zoos with Brown skirt (1 frag ~10 polys) (Howard)

LMK what your interested in?

Steve,

Are you wanting a frag of Sarcophyton and Yellow Sinularia? Ok with me!

I would be interested in the Green Zoos and anyother color that you might have?

Not sure in your pictures what color you have?

Howard

PS Paul, call Steve SDE219, he had a Torch I believe, maybe Frogspawn for sale?

Jon--would you be willing to trade the xenia for a small frag of purple montipora digitata? It is small--about 1/2 inch--I got it at the last meeting--but it's doing well. And is mounted..

Does the green and brown favites need a lot of light?

Sharon

30295[/snapback]

Sharon,

Favia are fine in medium/low to high light...my book says anywhere between 4-9 on a 1-10 scale. (The coral is actually favia, not favites; I labeled it wrong in my post).

I'd much rather sell the xenia than trade because I don't have much room to put yet another coral. But I could be persuaded, especially if it's a particularly nice color :) Do you have any pics?

Jon

Jon Lazar:

I would be interested in the orange montipora digitata if my tank lighting is strong enough - I have 260 watt pc. Would that be enough? From what I've read, it needs moderate to strong lighting and flow, but as to what 'moderate' actually means I'm not sure.

Guest cjm033

id be interested in a piece of that aweosme orange digi.

also to anyone is interested i still have acanthastrea miscromussa frags for $70 the frags are around 1/2 inch. they are red and green striped. if oyu want pics lmk i can email you pics. i will also trade frags of this coral. im looking for sps, rics and other acans or if you have an etra 150 watt hallide pendant we could work something out.

Jon Lazar:

I would be interested in the orange montipora digitata if my tank lighting is strong enough - I have 260 watt pc.  Would that be enough?  From what I've read, it needs moderate to strong lighting and flow, but as to what 'moderate' actually means I'm not sure.

30658[/snapback]

Folta,

Whether your 260W is enough depends on how large you tank is, how good your reflectors are, and how close to the surface you place the frag. If the lights aren't bright enough the coloration may fade, but IME m. digitada is one of the hardiest SPS. Do you have any LPS in your tank, and if so, how are they doing?

id be interested in a piece of that aweosme orange digi.

also to anyone is interested i still have acanthastrea miscromussa frags for $70 the frags are around 1/2 inch. they are red and green striped. if oyu want pics lmk i can email you pics. i will also trade frags of this coral. im looking for sps, rics and other acans or if you have an etra 150 watt hallide pendant we could work something out.

30687[/snapback]

CJM033,

I've got you down for an orange montipora digitada frag.

Jon

Hey Jon,

my tank is a 55 gallon, and the lights I have are the Jebo 4x65w's. I have some room (ok, a ton of room) near the top of the tank to put stuff still. I have a golden finger leather that is about 1/2 the way down in the tank and seems to be doing great - it goes through its phases that I recently learned about in another thread I posted here. I also have a bubble coral thats near the bottom but is doing great as well. Other than that, I just have zo's, yellow polyps, xenia, and two mini carpet anemone's, all which are doing great (especially the xenia - I am suprised at how huge its gotten!)

I had a bali deep water acro but it bit the dust; not because of lighting and water condtions - never got to find that out - but because I didn't secure it well, and someone in the tank knocked it into the sand and burried it.

So I guess I'm saying that I would like to give it a try, unless anyone thinks I really shouldn't :)

I am ready to add some more life to my box of saltwater. Been running a 90 gal with 25 gal refugium for about 8 months now. We have a yellow tang, royal gramma, and 2 small clown fish, many snails and some little hermit crabs. I went with about 100 lbs of home made rock and added about 15 lbs of live rock from the local fish store at $8 a pound (If I knew about Dr. Mac

So I guess I'm saying that I would like to give it a try, unless anyone thinks I really shouldn't :)

30701[/snapback]

Folta,

I'll reserve a piece of the orange montipora digitada for you. Please let me know prior to the meeting if you change your mind and decide you don't want it after all.

Jon

Jon,  if no one else takes the Pulsing Red Sea Xenia,  Green & brown favia, or the  Orange zoo rock I will take any or all of them.

30829[/snapback]

Stephen,

I've got you down for xenia, the favia, and orange zoos.

Jon

Just to confirm what I have and want with all:

Confirmed:

Sarcophyton (1) to ScubaTodds for (1) Yellow Leather Sarcophyton

Sarcophyton (1) to DChild Steven, will bring to fragfest, thanks, Candy doing well!

Sarcophyton (1) to Steve "Outlaw" for a frag of the Green Zoo's

Yellow Sinularia (1) to JeanMarie'

Green Sinularia (1) to JeanMarie'; (1) John "Greatwit" for (1) Green Zoo

GSP - Andrea's (1) to JeanMarie'; (1) Tom for (1) Lt Orange Zoo

Paul Jarosh Green centered Zoos w/Brown (1 frag~10 polys) (Howard)

Jon Lazar Branching hydnopora frag $5

Lee #8 zooanthids brown skirt with pink center & #17 Green Bali slimer acro for ?

MichaelG "Tullock, J. 1997. Natural Reef Aquariums: Simplified Approaches to Creating Living Saltwater Microcosms, TFH Publications." book for loan to RPI

2" Blue Velvet Damsel to Gary

Available:

Capenella (Qty 1)

Finger Leather Corals (Qty 1)

4' Aquarium Stand, $45 or Best Offer? see post

Wants if available?:

-Coco Worm

-Teal Colored Mushroom

-Rose BTA

-Deep Sea Yellow/Orange Gorgorian

-Flame Angel

-Blue Hippo Tang

-Percula Clownfish

-B/W Heniochus

-Green/Psycho Mandarian

Updated 1:27pm 11May

Howard

Guest cjm033

ive decided to lower the price to 60 because i dont feel like waiting for my hallide much longer lol. i wanna order it for my new 15 gallon :)

Howard do you have a shot of your available GSP, I may be interested if its different than the ones I currently have.

For sale or trade:

Purple digitada - several available

Green digitada - 2-3 available

Cream/light green milli - several available

Brick red seriatopora (bird's nest) - several available

Bali slimer - several available

Green monti cap - several available

Orange monti cap - 2-3 available

Monti hispida (tan flesh, bright green polyps) - 2-3 available

A. valida (tricolor) - 2-3 available

Given the amount of time until the meeting, all frags will be unmounted.

I also have a whole rock of green star polyps I want to get rid of - make room for more acros. I'd like to keep the rock, but if there is interest, I will do my best to get the gsp's off there. Let me know.

Cheers

Mike

Guest mkprice

Mike-

Would be interested in bird's nest, green and/or orange monti caps and maybe a bali slimer or tricolor. Would probably be interested in buying - not much to trade yet. I have capnella and xenia (doesn't everybody), some nice zoos if I can find an easy way to frag them.

Let me know!

Michele

Guest cjm033

id be interested in buying a frag of the purple digi,birdsnest and tricolor. lmk how much it will cost unless oyud like to trade for a frag of micromussa?

-Chris

Ok so here's what I have (its not much but...)

1pc.) 3-4" unmounted pulsing xenia (trade for zoos?)

2) tomato clowns not quite a mated pair but theyre gettin there for sale $20 or for trade

I am lookin for

-really anything but begginner corals or

-3lbs of small(softball sized pieces) of live rock

-chaeto(can pay)

-a little bout the clowns: they are 100% healthy and have not had any diseases since i bought them. The female is about 1 and 1/4" and the male is a little smaller at about 1" so theyre still pretty small but nonetheless have a nice color to them

Where is the meeting going to be??

Howard - I'm interested in anything. I'm going to have 1 frag of the green zoos that you can pick up when you come for the tank or at the meeting (if I can go). I also have a ton of Pulsing Xenia if anyone is interested.

Steve

I forgot...

I also have a flower anemone(not clown hosting) if anyone wants it $10

it has a beautiful green oral disk and is in perfect health also. It prefers to hide everything exept its head so make sure you have a place where it can squeese doqn into or else your gonna have a roaming anemone. Ill post pics soon

mike

have a fairly hardy green and purple bottlebrush with yellow/green polyps I would trade for the hispida. Also have similar monti, tan with purple polyps.

Doug

Doug - What would you take for a frag of that monti w/ purple polyps? I have a frag of Mike's hispida and it looks AWESOME.

Mike - I would like a frag of the birdsnest or the tricolor. Any of this look interesting?

I have the following easily fragged

red mushroom, decent size, mounted

purple mushrooms

green zoos

single head of pale green candy/trumpet

small mounted frag of reddish-brown encrusting SPS believed M. digitata

Thanks!

Steven