Tank Food Party

BeltwayBandit

Is anyone up for a blender party? I am pretty busy til May, but thought that I would see if there is interest in making some tank food. I was thinking around mid May. That way we have time go gin up some interest.

Anyone interested?

Craig

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost always up for one- I am down to the bare nubs of what is left from a couple of earlier parties.

have time go gin up

Gin....blender....not so sure that's a good idea :lol: :lol:

So who's blender gets sacrificed to the god of all that is stinky?

I was wondering when someone would start this up again. I am running low on the food from last year and it is always fun to make the food. I am in.

Scott

Guest clownfish4

Like everyone else, I am in pending the details.

How does Saturday May 7th work for everyone, with one caveat for me at least. That is the rain date for Jarosh's fishing trip, but I'm booked up everywhere else. So May 7th is my first suggestion.

I would prefer in the morning, say 9 or 10 am. I will volunteer a blender.

Thoughts?

BB

I am in as well. I have a decent sized deck and a fish food dedicated blender, if no one else volunteers.

Guest clownfish4

I also have a big deck and big front yard if there is no better place. Located in Springfield, I believe in the same area as Eddi.

OK,

Eddi and Clownfish4 have both graciously offered up a site to host this event. So, we have a venue, sorta.

I can bring Golden Pearls, new jar of Sweetwater Zooplankton. I also have some shrimp that has been in my freezer a while and is a bit freezer burned. Do you think this would still be OK to use? If so, I can bring that too.

BB

We normally do a massive oriental market run and then split up the cost at the party by how many bags it makes. x amount per bag, with the host getting a bonus bag or two- And if it is at Eddi's he will need it with all the gallons he has in marine reefs. - I have spirulina powder and some other goodies- nori, the last block of my mysis, ect. WHat I do not have any more of is Cyclopese- we should get a group order of that before the party, or in conjunction with the party- How many want a block of cyclopese? I do not remember where we order the frozen blocks of this and mysis from but would be willing to set up a group order.

Regards

Lee, I think that is a great idea. I know I would like some in addition to the food we make. I will do some of the leg work this weekend and compile a list of the various foods I think we need. I will post it on monday and everyone can add to it. We can then place an order for any frozen food on Monday the 18th.

Everyone ok with that?

Lee/eddi,

jehmco.com is the site for the frozen food ordering. Love to make it, but I have to check if May 7th or whatever the date decided upon works for me.

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/FISH_FOODS...eze_frozen.html

This is the site we ordered from last time - It is 32.25 a block in orders of 4 blocks or more- each block is 750 grams or 1.6 lbs. They also have various other frozen and freeze dried foods. We ordered large blocks of mysis but my fish did not like these large sized mysis that well- they are almost the size of large krill.

I went to the company that farms cyclop-eeze in Canada http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/online_store.php and they have it for an 8 block case 192.00 plus shipping which would put it at about $25 a 750 Gram block - I would take one block at this rate. It is about the only supplement I use in my tanks besides selcon.

If I get enough takers we can do the Canada order- We can also split blocks for those that have smaller tanks. I went through a block in a little over a year. but then I donated a good bit to fish food making parties.

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/FISH_FOODS...eze_frozen.html

This is the site we ordered from last time - It is 32.25 a block in orders of 4 blocks or more- each block is 750 grams or 1.6 lbs. They also have various other frozen and freeze dried foods. We ordered large blocks of mysis but my fish did not like these large sized mysis that well- they are almost the size of large krill.

I went to the company that farms cyclop-eeze in Canada http://www.cyclop-eeze.com/online_store.php  and they have it for an 8 block case 192.00 plus shipping which would put it at about $25 a 750 Gram block - I would take one block at this rate. It is about the only supplement I use in my tanks besides selcon.

If I get enough takers we can do the Canada order- We can also split blocks for those that have smaller tanks. I went through a block in a little over a year. but then I donated a good bit to fish food making parties.

29197[/snapback]

How easy is it to break off sections of the blocks? I would be willing to purchase a block for myself, in addition to chipping in some for the food party.

I've got a few different types of frozen fish left over from this past fishing season. Salmon, Croaker, and tuna for sure, but maybe some other goodies as well. I don't think anyones fish would mind previously frozen.

Normally I'd just fry them up for myself, but I rather make room for some fresh sea bass.

Well, count me in.

I was planning a Jhemco order for a few things (mysis, cyclop-eeze), if you want Lee I can just tack on extra for the party (unless we ge enough for the Canadian stuff).

Each 1.6 lb block which is a LOT of cyclopeeze is individually deep frozen and sealed. It is fairly easy with a hackssaw to cut the block in two and place in lagre freezer bags if folks want 1/2 blocks- I think MichaelG even offered to cut them in 1/4 blocks when we did this last year. depending on whether we fill the Canada order- We could do two orders one form Jhemco if there are folks that need some other stuff.

On bringing some frozen fish- the only note is it needs to be thawed before you bring it- We normally toss in crabs, squid, octopus, clams, roe, couple different types of fish- usually take the skin off because they make for some quite large pieces as they do not chop well. There are several recipies but my last few parties have shown me that whatever goes in, in whatever proportions it seems to be relished by any fish in my tank. Selcon is usually added to each blender batch, as well as whatever else is brought.

The key seems to be in the blender time- My first fish making party batch was a bit tooo chunky- large peices- the second party we got it a bit too fine- so I think we are ready to make the perfect blend. :D

Guest clownfish4

I would be down for a block of cyclopleeze Lee. I will of course chip in for the food party but I don't know if there is anything good for purchasing around here. If there is Lee, let me know and I will pick it up.

I'll certainly chip in money for food components, and would like 1/2 block (1/4 is even better) of cyclopeez.

I think the date's clear, but will check with the boss.