65 Gallon's of Bliss

WaterDog

I got this tank (for free!) from a neighbor, and it has been a ride.

It's about 65 Gallons (250 liters), with two Koralia powerheads on either side, and two return pumps coming from the back.

It has six T5 bulbs, which are as of now 3 whites and 3 actinics, but I was thinking about replacing some of the whites with either AquaBlue Plus blubs or the AquaBlue Special bulbs.

The live rock set up is kind of two mounds on either side with a bridge connecting them, and a small island in front.

Chad helped me transfer the 46 BF to this, and here are the results.

Cloudy.jpg

CloudyAnemone.jpg

Now cleared up this morning, after the whole foggy glass fiasco.

FullView123110.jpg

Mushroom.jpg

BrainCoral.jpg

Galaxea.jpg

The left "tower"

LeftTower.jpg

The right "tower"

RightTower.jpg

Its getting there! Still looks like it is still a bit dusty and has a little clearing up to do. What do you think of how the aquascaping turned out?

Glad things worked out for you.

It looks like there might be majano anemones on the top rock of your left tower. If so, now is a good time for you to work on eradicating them before they reproduce and get out of hand.

Thanks everyone!

Its getting there! Still looks like it is still a bit dusty and has a little clearing up to do. What do you think of how the aquascaping turned out?

Yeah, we're still cleaning some. I really like the two towers look, there's a lot of rock, but there's still kind of an open look to it.

Glad things worked out for you.

It looks like there might be majano anemones on the top rock of your left tower. If so, now is a good time for you to work on eradicating them before they reproduce and get out of hand.

Hm, I think you're right. And they looked so pretty. Do you know if Aiptasia-X will work on them? Because I still have some left from when I dealt with an aiptasia outbreak.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I was able to quell the mojano's with the aiptaisia-x. Here's to hoping it won't come back.

I got some new frags over the weekend and switched out some bulbs for color, still need to change a few though...

Some Monti Frags:

Green_Monti-1.jpg

Monti_Red.jpg

A nice encrusting coral that I'm not quite sure what it is:

UnknownCoral.jpg

GSP:

GSP.jpg

Palys

NewPalys.jpg

A bunch of mushrooms:

RockAlaMushrom.jpg

Some frags of Birdsnest

BirdsNest_Green.jpg

BirdsNest_Pink.jpg

Gramma3.jpg

FTS11911.jpg

And my personal favorite...

Daisy_Tank.jpg

And my personal favorite...

Daisy_Tank.jpg

This picture is great! Nice new avatar you have there.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a generic brain coral to me as porites tends to have a smaller skeletal structure. Sometimes they are also called pineapple corals but typically are related to the closed brains.

Sorry to be a pest (pun totally intended!), but it looks like you may also have another majano behind the birds nest (the hystrix) and also hydroids in the picture of the favia.

Overall it looks nice!

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to updating this again, and a few changes have occurred. I finally decided to epoxy some corals down and moved a few things around, I finally think I got all the Majanos, and got a new Starry Blenny!

StarryBlenny.jpg

The clowns and the GSP:

Clown_StarPolyp.jpg

Nice trumpet coral I got from Dr. Mac!

Trumpet.jpg

The Royal Gramma and a mushroom, with a small new one growing next to it:

MushroomGramma.jpg

I think I've figured out what this is after looking for it in Eric Borneman's coral book, Siderastrea radians, a starlet coral.

StarletCoral.jpg

A really nice Orange Ricordea that that picture does not do justice to:

OrangeRicordea.jpg

The anemone, still hiding in the back of the tank :angry: :

Anemone.jpg

Some Nemastoma:

Nemastoma.jpg

And finally, a FTS:

FTS22511.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looking pretty good, Adam!

I like the starry blenny.