LFS recommendations?

lmeyer

My experience at F&F has always been great. I have found some of the best deals and friendliest people there. The square footage of the store is not the greatest, but with commercial space costs around here and the unbelievable deals I've had extended to me I certainly understand that. I only wish it was the closest store to me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience at F&F has always been great. I have found some of the best deals and friendliest people there. The square footage of the store is not the greatest, but with commercial space costs around here and the unbelievable deals I've had extended to me I certainly understand that. I only wish it was the closest store to me.

Well, I will just chalk it up to it being a bad day as far as attention. Everyone's entitled to have them and I can't deny that there are overwhelmingly good comments about F&F! As for the shoes thing - that's just a personal opinion and just my point of view as a potential customer. It doesn't give the overall impression of cleanliness and concern to a customer, regardless of how clean things actually are. My little one doesn't wear shoes most of the time either at home (indoors or out), but I don't have any clients to impress. Sometimes what's natural to do doesn't always come across the way you think.

If I were running a business I would absolutely want to hear feedback - and especially the negative! Always looking to improve, right?

When I was in there the stock all looked very healthy and well-cared for (as did everything else). I promise to try again sometime! biggrin.gif

A lot of people have good experiences here I notice, but I have not been one of them. Been in here at least 6 times and every time has lead to the same poor experience. I've gone in on slow days and it is still the same. I know a lot of people talk highly of the place, which is why I went back multiple times, in hopes of a better experience.

I've never been asked if I need help, and last time I was in, someone let the puppies run all over the store. I love dogs, but if I can't move them from biting my feet, I am not happy.

Hopefully next time I go in it's a different story...

I do love BRK though, and tend to go here the most now. Always helpful, and super friendly.

Edited by darkcirca

I enjoy bringing my kids to F&F because of the fact that the dogs are running loose. Whenever we walk in there I start it off by telling the kids that they cannot ask to pick up the dogs or wake them up if they are sleeping, but without fail Gloria has them out and running around with the kids within minutes. It's their favorite part of going there and I can browse the corals and fish while knowing that they are entertaining themselves with the puppies (although my 5 year old did try and coax my 2 year old into a dog cage yesterday, at least she didn't try and lure her in with one of the dog treats that the 2 year old had pulled off the wall to play with the puppies!).

Personally, I think very highly of a number of our local vendors. F&F is among them. You have knowledgeable people running a real family-oriented enterprise. I enjoy being able to walk in and browse, without being shadowed. If I want need help or attention, I ask for it. Could it be that perhaps what was perceived as a lack of caring was really respect for your peace to look around and window shop? I would encourage you to visit again and to get to know the proprietors. After all, they are among your closest businesses engaged in the hobby (as are Mr. Coral in Frederick, MD - a little ways off 15 to the north, and BRK, a little ways off 15 (on 234) to your south).

• 7 months later...

My very favorite by far is local to me and that is Aquarium One. The guys are very knowledgeable and honest. They have gotten rid of alot of there tanks and set up a huge section of tubs for the corals. They are also adding a few more tubs in the back. They have never steered me wrong and are always willing to help. I just really cant say enough about them great group of guys. If you have never been there i highly recommended going. Its a smaller store but they layout is very nice and have alot to chose from.

-Chance-