Looks like I have a lil mantis shrimp

Jan

It also looks like it killed my coco worms. Fast little bugger too. It is living in my peach coco worms tube. I've not seen the coco in days. From what I can see it has some red in it. So I've placed it in my macro tank. I'm really not interested in mantis shrimp.

I'd take it if I were closer. Been looking to get a mantis tank up, but got side tracked after trying to get one from BZA.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Thanks. I'll try the soda.

What are your plans for it?

If you want to remove it, place the tube in some club soda and the shrimp will come out.

Yes, two coco worms gone. One red and white and one peach. I'm not too happy about that.

Thats a bummer!

I can only hope I never find one in my tank! I'm glad you discovered it before you lost a whole bunch of other things.

Jan,

I have a tank with just a blue spiney reef lobster. I am thinking it will be awhile before the 2 would dance? best man wins, etc? The lobster is about 4 inches long and mean............. Looks like a bazooka trade - lol what are you doing Saturday afternoon?

It's yours. I'm going to try to get it out of the coco tube. I'm really upset about losing 2 coco worms. They were doing great too. I may have another one in my pico. I keep hearing a snapping noise coming from my pico but I can't see anything. I thought it was the heater malfunctioning. I think the shrimp is hitting the heater. I hear a snapping noise and then the heater light goes on. I can't imagine how they got in.

Saturday afternoon may work. I'll PM you.

Jan,

I have a tank with just a blue spiney reef lobster. I am thinking it will be awhile before the 2 would dance? best man wins, etc? The lobster is about 4 inches long and mean............. Looks like a bazooka trade - lol what are you doing Saturday afternoon?

Yes I did but I dpped them. Besides the red and white coco has been missing for about 3 weeks. I think the little bugger has been in my tank for a while.

wow did you get any live rock recenlty