wheres everybody at?

Guest cjm033

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The wamas map is no longer accurate.  I was trying to see who was around me and I found posts from almost all of them selling their gear because they were out.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in Hyattsville, MD and am new to the hobby. I just joined yesterday and am glad I did. I'm learning everything that I have been doing wrong through the forum.

I'm in Hyattsville, MD and am new to the hobby. I just joined yesterday and am glad I did. I'm learning everything that I have been doing wrong through the forum.

Welcome! We have a meeting Sat if you had not heard about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
We have been thinking of a way to use the website to make this easier for people, but haven't come up with a creative way of doing so without a lot of effort.  Having a thread in the forums could help perhaps, and we could stickie it at the top.  
The problem with profiles is that you really do need to go through a lot of effort to find someone in your area when you are new to the board and or society.
I am in the Rockville/Silver Spring area
Would you consider something like what r2r has? You have a tag to choose before posting. So instead of always asking where people are from, it is a required field.

Lynn, you just replied to a 16-1/2 year old thread, spurred on by two other recent posts, I guess, from unsuspecting members. Tags weren't available back then.

We have a field in our profiles called "Location." It's visible from a regular web browser and yours says "Glen Burnie, MD" (for example), while mine reads, "SW of Leesburg, S of Hamilton, VA."  So, if you're looking at a for sale post in a regular browser, it'll show. Unfortunately, the location field doesn't show up in Tapatalk for forums that they don't host directly. (They don't host WAMAS.)

We could also use tags, I suppose. But, while tags show up in regular browsers, do they show up in Tapatalk? Are the tags at R2R mandatory and enforced by the software? Or are they enforced by moderators according to a policy? I can't (on a really quick scan) find a way of requiring tags in certain forums.

That said, I live 2 miles south of Hamilton, VA, close to what would be the middle of Loudoun County.

• 2 years later...

Hi. We're all over. We've got members in DC, VA, MD, WV and even a few in PA. We cover a pretty big region.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk