wheres everybody at?

Guest cjm033

Newbie to WAMAS. I live in District Heights MD, I teach four grade math and science. I am in the processs of setting up my 55g in my class and would like get about 40lbs of live rock. :scuba:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm WAY out in Round Hill, VA and I work in Reston.

You think you're WAY out? I live in Winchester, Va. :) Anybody out here?

Hello,

My family and I have just moved to Winchester, Va. from El Paso, Tx. I know a few of you already and look forward to meeting many more members soon.

I have about 25+ yrs in this hobby but never stop learning. I am the former president of the El Paso Marine Aquarium Society where we did some good work assisting the local zoo and educated the majority of hobbyists in that area to frag/purchase frags and or aquacultured livestock. You'll also see me on Reef Central under the same username; I moderate in forums, "Nano", "ReefClubs", "New to the Hobby", "Reef Fishes" and "Fish Only".

I'm currently setting up a 12gal Aquapod with a 70watt DE. It has water and sand and hopefully the rock by this weekend (March 1st). I also have a RR 180 and a 58 sitting dry in the basement. I'm not sure if I'll keep the 180 but am fairly anxious to set up the 58 dedicated to a pair of clowns and host. Unfortunately that will have to wait until the basement is finished.

See you guys at the next meeting...

Yessssss! Finally someone near me! :lol2:

I just joined and live in Fairfax, Virginia. I am a software engineer and aquarium lover. I have been keeping a saltwater tank for about 18 months and am in the process of setting up a 300 gallon tank. :biggrin:

75 gallon corner tank

15 gallon quarantine tank

and a 29g collecting dust.

I just joined and live in Fairfax, Virginia. I am a software engineer and aquarium lover. I have been keeping a saltwater tank for about 18 months and am in the process of setting up a 300 gallon tank. :biggrin:

75 gallon corner tank

15 gallon quarantine tank

and a 29g collecting dust.

Welcome! I hope you'll consider starting a thread in the dedicated tank forum and let us tag along as you set up your 300!

Maureen

Well to be official, I'm now in Centreville off Braddock Rd and 28!

Tankless until summer, but watch out!! :)

Well to be official, I'm now in Centreville off Braddock Rd and 28!

Tankless until summer, but watch out!! :)

you been in and out of tanks as much as ross perot was in and out of the presidency. ok dated joke.....

cant wait to see what you do next time, your tanks have always looked good.

Edited by GaryL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New here and just looking for locals.

My name is Richard and I live in Orange county but can usually be found in Fredericksburg.

I just started my first Saltwater tank today in a 20L and glad i found this place.

Guest Paul in Virginia

Also just moved to the area (Culpeper) from Cleveland and was active in the Cleveland Club. Looking for some stores to visit. I do realize there will be driving involved as Culpeper seems to located in the middle of nowhwere. Would Richmond be the closest for any saltwater stores?

Thanks for any help!!

Welcome!

I'm in Culpeper too.

I definitely don't recommend our local fish store(s). It's well worth traveling for the quality at other stores in our area.

Charlottesville has PetForum and Fredericksburg has Maru. At times they have some goodies, but I find myself traveling to BlueRibbonKoi in Manassas and Aquarium Company in Reston for the majority of my needs. Their staff, products, and prices are well worth the mileage.

If you really feel like driving, I found a nice store down in Lexington - Lexington Pet World.

I haven't found a need to visit Richmond yet, but I'd assume there are some treasures there as well.

Welcome!

I'm in Culpeper too.

I definitely don't recommend our local fish store(s). It's well worth traveling for the quality at other stores in our area.

Charlottesville has PetForum and Fredericksburg has Maru. At times they have some goodies, but I find myself traveling to BlueRibbonKoi in Manassas and Aquarium Company in Reston for the majority of my needs. Their staff, products, and prices are well worth the mileage.

If you really feel like driving, I found a nice store down in Lexington - Lexington Pet World.

I haven't found a need to visit Richmond yet, but I'd assume there are some treasures there as well.

Fish World in Richmond is great. Joe and his staff are really good people.

• 4 weeks later...

Adam, currently live in Waldorf, MD. Been in DC area for over 5 years now, originally from PGH, PA area.

Main display is a 92G bow front coner mixed reef tank.

Hit me up if you are in the area. I would love to see your set-up and would love to see you over to check out mine...

I just stopped lurking yesterday and joined WAMAS! I live in Fairfax over towards Burke off Roberts Parkway. Look forward to meeting some of you all this weekend!

I have been out of the hobby for a while but I'm looking to get started back up.

Everyone seems great on here!

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello my name is William. I live in Suitland, MD. I'm just a few feet south of DC. I work in DC. I'm a complete newbie. This will be my second fish tank. My first salt water. My frest water has only been up for 6 months. I haven't decided yet whether the salt water will be a reef tank or just Fist with Live rock. But I have an empty 55g with the recommended equipment. I appreciate any advice, and I'm will post my 1,000 question in another thread.

Hi, I'm Mike. I live in Northern Silver Spring close to Burtonsville, and work in Downtown Silver Spring at the Discovery HQ building. I've been keeping reefs since highschool, I'd just about quit the hobby until three weeks ago when I relapsed and bought an Oceanic Ultimate 156g with a starphire glass front. Since then all I can do is eat breath and sleep reef tank.

• 3 months later...

hello everyone. alex here. just introducing myself to another great group of reefers. i am currently a paid member of maast.org, a south texas reef society, where i currently serve on the board of directors. currently i am preparing for a major move from south texas back to the d.c. metro. i think we are set on the prince william, va area. don't know-still hashing it out. i have 5 years experience with reefkeeping and sadly will be breaking down my 95 gallon dt in preparation for the move. good news is that once we are settled in i will be putting together a newer, better tank. woohoo! as expected for all the photo junkies, i will start a build thread in the dedicated tanks forum.

:cool:

~alex

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...