davelin315

Receipts for Raffles - A New Member Perk...

81 posts / 16252 viewsLast Reply

Tom,

Receipts are emailed these days. Paper receipts from a cash register or something don't take into account the Internet which many of the sponsors use heavily.

I email Vince and Steve what I want, they drive it to my house a week later, Vince scans my card with his iPhone, and I get emailed the receipt. Should he carry a printer with him too?

Maybe Avast sends a receipt showing dollar totals in the box. If so its long gone, but all I remember is a packing list and items checked off. Avast doesn't even have a retail location that I'm aware of. Would I email them and ask them to spend the money to mail me a receipt or something?

Steve and Vince will also send a receipt to your email account, if you ask them to. So no, they don't have to carry around a printer. You just have to have one to print it out yourself.

For my Avast purchases, I just logged into my account and printed out the invoices shown there.

Tom,

Receipts are emailed these days. Paper receipts from a cash register or something don't take into account the Internet which many of the sponsors use heavily.

I email Vince and Steve what I want, they drive it to my house a week later, Vince scans my card with his iPhone, and I get emailed the receipt. Should he carry a printer with him too?

Maybe Avast sends a receipt showing dollar totals in the box. If so its long gone, but all I remember is a packing list and items checked off. Avast doesn't even have a retail location that I'm aware of. Would I email them and ask them to spend the money to mail me a receipt or something?

Alan. Print it out if it arrives by email. (Avast does send a receipt in the box, BTW. I just received one the other day.)

We've also taken photo images recently of the receipt that some have kept on their phone. It takes a little time to process them this way, making people behind you in line wait, but we've taken them.

But, those are the rules that were established for this perk.

This program is not new so I'm surprised at the questions. I see that someone's tried to regularly bump the thread prior to a meeting. (This is my first time doing so.) Maybe it's mostly news to new folks. I'll pin the thread so it's easier to find next time and we'll try to remember to post a link to it in our next meeting announcement.

(I can't tell you how many receipts I've failed to keep or to bring over the time we've had this. I wind up just buying tickets.)

Steve and Vince will also send a receipt to your email account, if you ask them to. So no, they don't have to carry around a printer. You just have to have one to print it out yourself.

For my Avast purchases, I just logged into my account and printed out the invoices shown there.

Right, I printed out the QR receipt that I was emailed. I try not to leave evidence around the house with dollar amounts on it for various reasons, though. Must be pretty common in this hobby...

I'll print the invoice from my Avast account. That's a good idea.

I don't really expect to win anything, as far as I can remember I never have in any raffle, but it will be fun.

All, I wasn't aware of this previously, but just to put it out there...If you have purchased a tank from ArtFully Acrylic LLC or anything from Incredible Corals since the last meet and need a receipt to submit for your raffle tickets please send me an email or a PM with your email address and we will pull it up and provide it for you. In the event that you need it physically printed, let us know that too and we will print it out for you and bring it to the meet. Good Luck with the Raffles!!

Just a reminder:

Find a list of our current sponsors on the Sponsor Page. We've had additions as well as deletions recently. Receipts from current sponsors are accepted.

Right, I printed out the QR receipt that I was emailed. I try not to leave evidence around the house with dollar amounts on it for various reasons, though. Must be pretty common in this hobby...

I'll print the invoice from my Avast account. That's a good idea.

I don't really expect to win anything, as far as I can remember I never have in any raffle, but it will be fun.

Alan, let me know if you need us to provide the printed receipt. I can bring it with us on Saturday.

Can I count my tank from adam?

Yes, if it was purchased since the last meeting. If beforehand, the receipt is too old. A receipt for any purchase made since the last meeting from any of our active list of sponsors is eligible.

Alan, let me know if you need us to provide the printed receipt. I can bring it with us on Saturday.

Thanks. It doesn't sound like I need it since I printed out the email invoices. I've got 3 of em with you guys. Small, medium, and large. 8) Will be nice to say hello at the meeting. And I'll have receipts for fish from you guys for the meeting after this one!

Just a reminder:

Find a list of our current sponsors on the Sponsor Page. We've had additions as well as deletions recently. Receipts from current sponsors are accepted.

Keep in mind it also has to be a purchase made from a sponsor so if they became one after you bought from them it does not count. I can't recall if anyone is new since our last meeting but don't believe so.

I made some purchases from Quantum Reefs. How do I send receipts

You don't send the receipts.  You just bring the receipt or a copy to the front and someone tallies it up and then gives you the number of raffle tickets.

With a good bit of newbies on here lately and a meeting come up this weekend I wanted to give this program a bump so everyone remembers to save and bring their receipts. 

Bumping this thread for Black Friday. Lots of good deals happening with some of the WAMAS Vendors tomorrow!

not trying to hijack the thread, but having "new members" in the header reminds me that I have not renewed my annual membership.  I'm one of the dinosaurs that like to write and mail checks.  Where do i send it to?

Thanks.

not trying to hijack the thread, but having "new members" in the header reminds me that I have not renewed my annual membership.  I'm one of the dinosaurs that like to write and mail checks.  Where do i send it to?

Thanks.

I thought that it was on the renewal page. I'll send you my address via PM.

Do you have to be present for the raffle drawing? What if you can only make half of the meeting?

Do you have to be present for the raffle drawing? What if you can only make half of the meeting?

In general, yes. If you can find somebody to hold your tickets for you, that works great. If the item is something like a gift certificate that we can mail or email to you, we'll try to do that if we can identify who you are and how to reach you. If it's something more substantial, we'll often move on to pull the next ticket.

Yes, if it was purchased since the last meeting. If beforehand, the receipt is too old. A receipt for any purchase made since the last meeting from any of our active list of sponsors is eligible.

Well, I was looking through this to see if my receipts from last quarter would still be eligible since I didn't make the april meeting. Looks like not. Oh well. 

Are we stil doing this ?

I don't remember it happening in a recent meeting I attended.

Are we stil doing this ?

We were doing it, at registration desk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are we stil doing this ?

Yes. I know that it was being done at the last meeting. I missed the meeting this Summer, though (visiting my newly born grandson in Utah). But I can't imagine that we forgot about it. To participate, you turn in receipts at the raffle sales counter, which is almost always our check-in desk.