Aiptasia/Mojano Burner

El Camaron

I received a pair of 14vdc 360ma transformers today. My build will start as soon as I can find some time (stupid taxes... stupid bills... stupid lawn...)

bob

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lent the zapper to a member on RC yesterday and this is what he posted

I met Paul yesterday to pick up a Zapper, and for those of you who have not seen him, he is every bit as tall and handsome as I am.

The Zapper is a Mojanos worst nightmare. I destroys everything it touches. Takes a few zaps, but it turns the victim to snot. Looks to me like using the side of the pin is sometimes more effective than sticking the point in the anemone.

I can take out a mushroom, but it's not for the faint of heart.

My Mojanos are in and on top of a large birdnest that grows right to the surface, so many cannot be reached. 20 or 30 are toast, I'll see if there are any more that can be reached tonight, and I'm done.

Paul, thanks for letting me test drive this WMD (Weapon of Mojano Destruction). Your idea about putting the graphite probe in the tank separately would enable the point to be used in tight quarters and on the surface.

The only way to make it perfect would be to keep it smaller and more flexible so it could get to those hard to reach places, but nothing can reach every spot in a reef tank........................... except a bristle worm.

I was going to build a few but they would not be very profitable to sell. To built them one at a time they would have to cost about $75.00. I would lend you one if you like when I get them back from the people using them now.

I was going to build a few but they would not be very profitable to sell. To built them one at a time they would have to cost about $75.00.

About the cost of a 1/2 case of OK wine

I just finished mine - but have to wait for the silicone to dry so I can try it out. :)

And yes - I bought a 2nd transformer, so I can build another, if it is successful.

bob

I lent one to a member of RC that has dozens of mushrooms to eliminate.

It works great on them and I didn't think it would disintegrate large mushrooms but there is nothing left to them. I ordered enough parts to build four more of them.

My main objective is a bunch of nuisance Palythoas, on rocks too big to remove from the tank. I'll be reporting in soon!

WMDbob.jpg

bob

It does work great on large mushrooms. The member posted a picture after she used it and it is amazing how good it works.

I am building a few more just for the heck of it. :rolleyes:

Still no come backs of those known to have been paulbzapped.

Also, no new sightings from the zapping as re infestation.

I do find one once in a while that I did not notice or forgot.

There is a member on RC that is over run with them. They are overgrowing her corals and even in the overflows. She does give many away but they are hard to pry from the rocks withing tearing them apart so she has to thin them sometimes. She borrowed my zapper to make some room for other corals and she is sending me some mushrooms on a rock. I have never seen so many as in her tank, they cover everything.

I have seen her pictures. I hope she got smart and went in with a pair os small snips, where she could, and sipped them before zapping the stalks. That would take a lot of time if you have to zapp the whole shroom, lol. Maybe it sucks up into a smaller entity like aptaisia?

I want to build one! Wait, I have nothing to zapp? I want to build one anyways! I wonder if they would work on bubble algae? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I demonstrated the Zapper for my wife today, she never saw the thing and had no Idea I was building them because I am always building something.

She was amazed but un sure why I wanted to kill such cool looking animals.

I built 4 more because a store near my home wants to sell them.

I hope to build another 20 next week.

This store is over run with mojanos.

BOB IS IT WORKS take pictures those brown paly's were nasty!

It doesn't work worth a darn on those things. They LOOK horrible - and two days later, they are growing again. Sigh.... Don't you wish $50/polyp paly's grew like that??

bob

Why would you want to get rid of mushrooms? I don't understand. There are plenty of people willing to pay/be given the shrooms. What am I missing?

I'd be afraid to give away my Paly's... they darned near killed Steve Outlaw. Could I be charged with trafficking in deadly animals?

bob