Can't reply to PMs

Leishman

My reply button is greyed out and says "You can not reply". I only have 50 PMs in my box (total for both in and out). I have been off the boards for a while so I'm not sure if this has beed addressed.

Is this for PMs that have a red X next to them in the listing page? Or for all PM conversations?

The new PM system is a bit different. It is now set up as a conversation (or a topic). If you send a message to another user, they will become part of the conversation. If they delete the message, the conversation is over, and you cannot reply. You have to start a new conversation.

If this issue is for all of your PMs, I'll need to look into it more.

Thx for the reply. I only tried the red x ones. Seems odd that, for example, if I need to make room in my inbox and delete a PM that the other party can no longer reply. I'm not a fan if this is how it will remain, I often go back to PMs and reply from there.....

Unfortunately, there is no way to revert to the old version's methods. I'm hoping Invision comes up with a "forward" or "re-invite to conversation" method. Of course, one fix would be to up the amount of messages one can have.

It's also confusing because you no longer have an "in-box"........sent and received are both in the same window. Sorry, but to me that is annoying. I often keep PMs to remind me of deals made or interest shown in an item. Now it's just a pain to sort through, especially if it's a long back and forth.......you have to look through every one to find the info you want.

But at least it's like a thread now, which is a lot easier than looking in the Sent folder or the Inbox. Also there is a search function for PMs now, before you had to export them to email and use your mail client to search PMs.

It's also confusing because you no longer have an "in-box"........sent and received are both in the same window. Sorry, but to me that is annoying. I often keep PMs to remind me of deals made or interest shown in an item. Now it's just a pain to sort through, especially if it's a long back and forth.......you have to look through every one to find the info you want.

Invision's intent was to save you from having to go back and forth between inbox and sent messages. It is all in one area now. You can still save your discussion of a sale or trade, but you are now saving the entire conversation rather than just one message. You can create folders and move your conversations into them as you feel fit.

I understand the concerns. I can only hope Invision improves the system in the next release. Until then, hopefully you all an adjust your messaging practices to fit the new system. Or pester Invision that they need to fix things to your liking :tongue: