Can Powder Brown and Powder Blue Tangs be kept in same tank?

TonyInVa

Depends on the tank size and situation. If the tank is large enough, and you add the powder brown first, and then add a much smaller powder blue a few months later, you should be good.

Or if you were to add them at the same time and the powder blue, again, was much smaller, you should be fine.

Edited by L8 2 RISE

Depends on the tank size and situation. If the tank is large enough, and you add the powder brown first, and then add a much smaller powder blue a few months later, you should be good.

Or if you were to add them at the same time and the powder blue, again, was much smaller, you should be fine.

11o gallon

My gut feeling is no, but you could probably get away with it. On that size tank I'd say add them both at the same time- put them in a sectioned quarantine where they can see each other, and then release them into the tank at the same time, just make sure the powder brown is bigger.

I don't know much about powder browns, but some people have real bad luck with the powder blues being "just plain mean". I have shied away from them for that reason.

That being said, I have a hippo, achilles and sailfin in a 5 foot long 110. The blue and the sailfin were added together as juveniles and never fought. The achilles was added after the other two were pretty well grown. The achilles was about 4 inches. The sailfin and the achilles had words at first, but the learned to live in peace.

When the achilles was added, I fed nori on both sides of the tank at once so they would each have their own feeding station. That seemed to help.