An "Insider's" Guide to Reef Aquaria

Gatortailale

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-02/eb/index.htm

by Eric Borneman

An "Insider's" Guide to Reef Aquaria

This month, I once again stray from the strict topic of corals. Some projects I had started recently, along with several posts during an extremely busy month on The Coral Forum, gave me the idea for this column. Many years ago, I wrote a pseudo-article for the old AOL Forum called "The Reef According to Eric." It was a very popular little piece, and I detailed what I felt were, at the time, aspects of a successful reef aquarium. I updated it many times over the years, but eventually it seemed unnecessary to continue offering it because the information had become so widely known.

The present article will be based on the "how-to" concept, but with a different tack. I offer here some of my personal tips and tricks and suggestions for reef aquarists in 2004. What I write is certainly not to be taken as gospel, but rather as personal experience that I hope will be valuable.

see article - link below

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-02/eb/index.htm

This one should be stickied for all eternity.  Funny how he comes up with an article when super busy some times......  Very useful information.

• 6 years later...

This is indeed a great article. After reading it here I wrote to him recently (I've met him a few times) about updating it for this decade. I'd really like to see his assessment on new equipment and practices. The only good addy I had for him unfortunately was on the RC boards and I don't know how often he checks him messages there.

Good news all. I heard back from Eric and he says he's actually already updated that article a few time for the science / biology community. He's going to see if he can put something together for the reef friendly crowd. :)

• 6 months later...

I may be relatively new to this hoby, but even I can understand it. This is some of the most important and objective information I think any aquarist should know. I had a good laugh at some of the things that I found I already know, and others I dont look forward to learning. Best of luck on your endeavors Eric. Your one of the best, and Ive read over MANY sites and thousands of people claiming to be God of Marine aquariums. Keep it up! TEACH US MORE!