Fazio92 92gal Corner Reef

Fazio92

So, here's the rundown on my tank. I set this tank up in August of 2008 in Blacksbrug, VA (Go HOKIES!!). It is a dominant SPS reef with a few LPS and softies for movement/ liveliness purposes. Below is a progression of the tank while in Blackburg for the 2008-2009 year until graduating and moving up to Tysons in June. I will post a pic of the current state of the tank (here in NOVA) when i get home this evening. Hope you enjoy!!

-Anthony

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

It works great! Once you see the updated pic, you'll notice that its the only pump i have in the tank since it works so well!

Ok here's an updated pic as of this evening. Sorry for the poor pic quality, hopfully I can get a better one next weekend using my parents DSLR!

-Anthony

IMG_2859.jpg

• 8 months later...

Wow, that looks so awesome and very natural. Did you ever move corals around or just let them do their own thing? Any corals completely kill the other?

I dont touch anything unless i accidently break something off while scraping the glass or doing a water change and just place the frag in in antoher part of the tank to see if it grows differently; which they definitly do color, growth, etc.. Not really, some kill others, but the not completely and just merge together, so no total kill off of one or the other.

Very nice looking tank! You weren't joking when you said you didn't have any room in there.

Yeah, so i guess no rose bubble??:) Though when i got back from the Frag Fest i noticed my clowns laid eggs on the front glass!! So... we'll see:)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Updated pics and vids May 2011:

Enjoy, Anthony

FTS May 2011:

IMG_6190.jpg

Top Down (sorry for glare, i don't really know how to use this camera :) ):

IMG_6243.jpg

Close up:

IMG_6251.jpg

Close up:

IMG_6249.jpg

Gigantea:

IMG_6199.jpg

Wow the grow out is impressive, for the glare and awesome pics you should try top down photograpy with one of those viewing boxes that fit over your camera lens, I think you can get them at avastmarine.com and marinedepot.com

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome!

Hey wheres the hawkins??? Oh thats right i still have to drop it off!!!

Oh yeah, that's right :)

Love the clam collection!

Thanks, Pacific East Aquaculture supplies the best selection

Very nice! I think the next Frag Fest should be held at your house.

There might be a mini frag fest when i try moving everything into the new tank :) 240gal!! could be a few months though

Why haven't you been TOTM?

One of the most impressive tanks I have ever seen. I had the pleasure of seeing it in person when I picked up a pair of clowns.