Leishman's New 36x36x24

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both pieces?

I hope so. I'll be pi$$ed if they forgot the top to the overflow.

Delivery is tomorrow - somewhere between 9 and 5 (Comcast must be dropping it off)

I hope so. I'll be pi$$ed if they forgot the top to the overflow.

Delivery is tomorrow - somewhere between 9 and 5 (Comcast must be dropping it off)

SWEEEEET!!!! Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't Estes....I think you are OK :D

SWEEEEET!!!! Who is the carrier? As long as it isn't Estes....I think you are OK :D

Vitran. Sean @ Aquaco set up the shipping - saved me $100 with one phone call. Funny thing is, it was the same company AGE got the quote from!

AQUACO Rocks (even more so if they were open for business)

Vitran. Sean @ Aquaco set up the shipping - saved me $100 with one phone call. Funny thing is, it was the same company AGE got the quote from!

AQUACO Rocks (even more so if they were open for business)

:eek:

Hey Ric, YGPM homie.

I have to say that dealing with AGE was less fun than having a tooth pulled. I was told by many people on RC that the final product would make all the frustrations disappear. With my tank, that is not the case.

The crate it came in was outstanding. Nothing was going to damage the tank inside.

The tank is nice, but nothing like what I expected. The silicone is 1st class for the most part, the rest of it is average glasscages quality.

In the front yard

P5200020.jpg

Crappy seam

P5200032.jpg

P5200031.jpg

Another:

P5200029.jpg

Now the good silicone:

P5200033.jpg

Wow...just wow! I don't know what to say.

1st I'm glad to see that you got your tank. And overall it looks pretty nice.

2nd I can't believe the seams that you got. I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, but your good silicone pic looks like the worst one on my tank...maybe. I don't know what is happening with them.

I had hoped that your frustrations would go away (like mine did) after getting the tank. I know that it is going to look awesome by the time you get done with it. Your overflow box is different than mine. I have adjustable weirs and I don't have that U section cut out. But then again, I didn't get a rimless tank.

Again, I'm sure no one is going to be looking at the seams when your tank is done :D As long as they hold, which they should, no one will notice.

have you emailed tom at AGE and sent him those photos? That looks like it was done by a 2 year old. Im not even sure I would start putting water in it till I hear from them.

have you emailed tom at AGE and sent him those photos? That looks like it was done by a 2 year old. Im not even sure I would start putting water in it till I hear from them.

Like I said:

............. The silicone is 1st class for the most part..........

You see pics of ~3" of the tank. 3 crappy inches, the rest is fine. I spoke with Tom @ AGE and he is fabricating me a stainless steel trim to cover the bottom edge of the tank and the silicone. He is bending it (this will be 36x36) and shipping it to me all @ his cost. He is also sending me, again @ no cost to me, the black backing to add to the other side of the tank (against the wall) along with a custom cut piece of material to insert in the overflow box so you wont see my plumbing.

I can fix some of the sloppy part with a razor. I shouldnt have to, but I can.

Over all I'm 'satisfied' with the tank. That being said, for the price paid for a custom tank, there should be no flaws to be found anywhere.

Like I said:

You see pics of ~3" of the tank. 3 crappy inches, the rest is fine. I spoke with Tom @ AGE and he is fabricating me a stainless steel trim to cover the bottom edge of the tank and the silicone. He is bending it (this will be 36x36) and shipping it to me all @ his cost. He is also sending me, again @ no cost to me, the black backing to add to the other side of the tank (against the wall) along with a custom cut piece of material to insert in the overflow box so you wont see my plumbing.

I can fix some of the sloppy part with a razor. I shouldnt have to, but I can.

Over all I'm 'satisfied' with the tank. That being said, for the price paid for a custom tank, there should be no flaws to be found anywhere.

Oh OK...I didn't realize it was just a small section. I misunderstood what you were saying. Well it sounds like he's trying to make good which is good to hear. However, it shouldn't be the case and hopefully you'll get that in a reasonable amount of time. It's interesting you didn't get the insert for your overflow to cover your plumbing. One came with mine. Maybe they forgot. Well I'm glad that you are satisfied with the tank. I wished that you were 'blown away,' but at least you are generally happy with it. Obviously it didn't live up to the hype :( Anyway, I'm glad it is in and I'll be back checking out more of your progress!

Like I said:

You see pics of ~3" of the tank. 3 crappy inches, the rest is fine.

sorry bout that...i thought you were showing pics of all the corners...not just multiple angles of one seam. Glad it was only that small part...

now...its been over 24 hours...is it wet yet...

sorry bout that...i thought you were showing pics of all the corners...not just multiple angles of one seam. Glad it was only that small part...

now...its been over 24 hours...is it wet yet...

Not even close. Brother-in-law's 40th birthday took up the whole 3 day w/e :drink: and :bday: and water skiing

Where did you find those skimmers available? I've been looking but everyone has them listed as pre-order!

I got it from Premium Aquatics. It's the 250 (not the 300 I put in another thred by mistake)

I got it from Premium Aquatics. It's the 250 (not the 300 I put in another thred by mistake)

Ah! I was talking to them earlier and they're out of stock on the 200 and 250. Though for my sized tank they suggested the 170 which won't be ready for another week or two