Leishman's New 36x36x24

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 feet of Leishman Goodness would be nice....

guessing it wont be that but i would love to see it. Let me know if you need any help. Cant wait to see the progress get goin

good luck on the move its no fun, i see a move in my near future too dagnabit.

Going to do it right this time.

Awesome news, Rik. Out of curiosity, what did you feel was wrong with your last set up? It seemed like a pretty solid set up.

Edited by zoozilla

Awesome space, Rik. Is that hand-drawn vertical line a wall that you're planning? Man-cave on the left, fish room on the right? Looks like you'll have access to a lot of good infrastructure, too. Tap water for your RO/DI; outside air for the skimmer (assuming that the parts of the external wall are above ground), and maybe even for exhausting; and, is that a deep sink by the water heater? How about electrical upgrades?

You'll be all set for that 12-footer!

Awesome news, Rik. Out of curiosity, what did you feel was wrong with your last set up? It seemed like a pretty solid set up.

All my tanks never looked complete, inside or out. The stands were never what I wanted. The canopy/light rack never looked right. I never had a fully grown in tank that had the right fish in it. This time will spend time on the stand and light rack as this will not be in-wall. I have some ideas but they might be too expensive to do right away. 1st step after moving in is to buy blinds for the windows and 4 new TVs.

Awesome space, Rik. Is that hand-drawn vertical line a wall that you're planning? Man-cave on the left, fish room on the right? Looks like you'll have access to a lot of good infrastructure, too. Tap water for your RO/DI; outside air for the skimmer (assuming that the parts of the external wall are above ground), and maybe even for exhausting; and, is that a deep sink by the water heater? How about electrical upgrades?

You'll be all set for that 12-footer!

This pic will help to explain:

th_photo-34.jpg

I say just line it and fill it.

But that would flood my new bar area:

th_photo-36.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

In the new house, and most boxes are unpacked. I had the house built with a floor drain, water supply and a shower vent in the area I was going to put the tank, but I don't miss the hobby, or the tank, so I'm bot sure if I will set it up again.

How's you?

its not surprising, this hobby is a demanding money pit, either way, you had one of the nicest tanks i ever saw and if you do set up again it would be of great value to all reefers who looked up to your tank.

Ah, bought a house, got married. Two dogs. Got a new bike. Don't know if I'll get back into it. Too much time and too much money for my broke behind.

I hope all's well with you Rik.

G.

• 2 years later...