DIY  KALK reactor folks

flowerseller

ok i just called acme plastics and they sell 6" diameter tubes in 72" sections so we would need around 2 for 8 people they are $63 dollars each. does any one know if we have a discount with them (WAMAS)?

they would NOT be able to cut it.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoveReef

i went to Lowes in chantilly ,va..

they have acrilyc cutter you can use...(i guess if you buy acrylic there you can cut it..)

Chris is going to see about renting a 16" saw. My 12" will cut it but it would require 2 cuts. While I've done this before, I look forward to NOT having to do this.

Chip

Anyone have access to a large band saw?

Would make cutting material a ton easier!

I have sent an email to get a logon so we can post pics of our cutting party

and then the gluing party too.

I wanted to get this set up now so I can post when ready.

I am planning to dig this weekend and then do some work on the CA reactor to get that out of the way.

Any word on the saw?

Chip

Chip et all,

Can we have a roll call of the folks who have signed up for the Kalk reactor project.

I want to get in and so would kannan_l.

May be a good chance for other folks who want in as well.

tnx

krish

It's looks like I might be moving later in Sep then I thought but will advise. I thought my dad had won, but it was a table saw and he is in PA.

I went to Ebay and noticed quite a few nice one's for sale at reasonable cost. Thinking of investing in one but might be after we do our project. Will try to make a decision sooner than later.

Howard

Hi All

I am in on the project.

As for the saw I talked to my client in the rental business and they don't have anything that can cut the tube square. Sorry.

Chris

Guest PDang

I'm interested in one too. Don't have any tool to offer.  Is there a firm date for this yet?

Phong

wow, turn away for a few days and you guys are off and running!!  Cool.

Did the date get set durring the chat session?  I want in!

Phil

I need 2...

Lets get a total count (including the C02 reactor guys) so we can negotiate the acrylic order!  I bet we can get a killer price on all this plastic! :cool:

No date is set for the Kalk reactor but we were looking into mid October to start. Since we have a design already in mind, we will no doubt be starting earlier. I personally have to get a better handle on my kids school schedules before finding a sunday to play.

We will plan another WAMAS CHAT session and post it on the KALK reactor thread so we can get an idea of numbers and dates.

As of now, it will take place in my little Teepee in McLean, VA.

Reefmon is going to try and get good prices on acrylic one we get an idea of what we need. Stay tuned. A lot has happened faster than we expected.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING "INVOLVED" IN THIS PLEASE PM ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER NOW (if you have not already)

Chief Wannakalkreactor

My "supplier" of acrylic ended up giving misinformation (it is stored in our warehouse). My tubing is 4.5"OD 4"ID ext acrylic, not the 6" as I had previously thought. I may still modify my design a little to make use of this, but it may be tight.  So any tubing I was going to donate to the cause, just fell by the wayside. There is still a bit of sheet lying around my house we can work with. Please keep me informed when the order is going in for acrylic as I may just order the 6" anyway.

Sorry,

Doug

If we can get material, I may be able to cut:

Sunday 9/12 ( if Howard doesn't move his tank then)

or Sunday 9/19.

I figure a couple three hours in the afternoon should do it.

My time, like yours is in short supply. I have to schedule play time around 4 other family members and our flower shop.

This will be the cutting party so please peek at your calanders to see if you can join in on the fun.

Chip

Smokem Peace Pipe and drinky beer ummmmm... hat looks interesting and the price is right. But we miss out on all the DIY fun :).

The design looks interesting thou.

Chris

That is one of the ideas Glenn posted on page 1.

We chose the internal one Howard made for simplicity and less chance of leaking.

I am moving right along with my chores here at the house. I would like to try and sched a cut day of 9/12

if we can get material and those that said they were coming to come. We can cut what we need in 1 afternoon.

We may be able to meet again on the 19th to glue and finnish.

I will call those of you who sent me their #s and let you know.

Chip

I'm interersted in placing a tube order this coming week in order to be ready to cut on Sunday 9/12

Last call to confirm. The extruded 6" tubing is $9.00 a foot (we need 2' for one) plus shipping and any other material we need.

7400 lbs of concrete and block are in our driveway now and I'm pouring the PO foundation today.

I won't be availible until after dark tonight.

Chip,

give me a call later when you can, 12th sounds good, will try to drop some funds off for you. Also looks like my tank move will be near months end on the 25/26th of Sept.

Howard