Calcium Reactor folks

michaelg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 3/4 completed calcium reactor on my bench right now.

I guess I will take the lead and start a post for kalk reactors (kalkwasser reactor)

I currently use a large vat of DI water and sigma calcium hydroxide for all evaporation.

This is added to the tank via a powerhead and float valve. Been doing it this way for 10+ years.

See here if you are interested and motivated.

Can all who are committed to building the calcium reactor send me a pm.  I will get the acrylic ordered- I forsee no problems with the cutting party on the 28th (you don't have to be present for it to be cut for you).  Who can definately host this?  Preferably someone with the bigger tools :)  Chip, would you be willing to show up and lend a hand?

I work most Saturdays, but rarely on Wednesdays . Sorry

Let's see how the DIY Kalk reactor gets off the ground and maybe we can cut out

both on a Sunday afternoon.

HTH.

Chip

]]]bmp

Still haven't heard back from most people.  Please contact me directly.

Michael

Michael,

I interested in the Calcium and Kalk.

I just printed out the link that Chip showed and looks good. I plan on doing some landscaping and preliminary MOVING this weekend to my new place. Main move will be I believe on the 11-12Sep. But will try to stop in and catch up on the financial side of my part.

Howard

QUESTIONS?

Where will we be meeting on the 28th?

TOOLS:

What do we have and what do we need?

MONEY:

How much do we need for each?

Dave- not sure.  I haven't ordered the acrylic yet.  There was about a dozen people in this thread who wanted to do this, but the list below is who has confirmed.  I don't want to pay for the acrylic and be stuck with it.  Guess I could contact all the people directly....

Me

Dave (morgunda)

Chris (ctreptow)

gary (not available on the 28th)

Mike (snakebyte)?

Howard

Chip- what sunday are you looking to do the kalk reactor cutting?

Well, we'll have to have another "chat session" to find out. :D

Really:  Don't know yet but I'm pretty sure I'm digging a foundation

this Sunday 28th and pouring it if I'm lucky with weather.

I'll let you know as we find out. We have 9 kalkindians.

Chip

Guest PDang

I just found this post and I'm interested in building a Kalk reactor. Can anyone fill me in for what the price is and when/where the meeting will be for the Kalk reactor?

Phong

You will have to see the kalk reactor thread :)  This one is for CO2 based Calcium Reactors.

Michael,

I'm going to back out of the Calcium Reactor at this time.

Still staying with Kalk, but will wait on the Calcium.

Thanks.

Howard

No date is set for the Kalk reactor but we were looking into mid October to start. Since we have a design already in mind, we will no doubt be starting earlier. I personally have to get a better handle on my kids school schedules before finding a sunday to play.

We will plan another WAMAS CHAT session and post it on the KALK reactor thread so we can get an idea of numbers and dates.

As of now, it will take place in my little Teepee in McLean, VA.

Reefmon is going to try and get good prices on acrylic one we get an idea of what we need. Stay tuned. A lot has happened faster than we expected.

Chief Wannakalkreactor

No date is set for the Kalk reactor but we were looking into mid October to start. Since we have a design already in mind, we will no doubt be starting earlier. I personally have to get a better handle on my kids school schedules before finding a sunday to play.

We will plan another WAMAS CHAT session and post it on the KALK reactor thread so we can get an idea of numbers and dates.

As of now, it will take place in my little Teepee in McLean, VA.

Reefmon is going to try and get good prices on acrylic one we get an idea of what we need. Stay tuned. A lot has happened faster than we expected.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING "INVOLVED" IN THIS PLEASE PM ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER NOW (if you have not already)

Chief Wannakalkreactor

• 5 years later...

I've noticed every time the board goes through an upgrade we seem to lose stuff like old posts and pictures. I know I was upset when my posts about cutting the first BTA in 2002 got messed up. A lot of photos lost there.

Maybe we should do another WAMAS reactor build since it has been 5 1/2 years since the last one?

• 4 weeks later...