Suncoral or Orange cup coral?

sen5241b

I found that mine were opening alot with just my acitinics on and when my metal halides would come on they would close. So I put them in an area that was shaded by a piece of live rock and they open alot more now. I target feed them mysis shrip , they love it and sence doing so they have been doing really well.

A good way to target feed them is to cut off the top of a soda bottle - size would depend on the coral, and place it with the neck facing up and squirt the preferred food directly into the open neck of the coral.

We have had a rock full for several years. We squirt some food at them when we are filtering feeding and then walk away for a while. When they open up we can spray the food right at them. We use a long piece of hard tubing with one of those baby snot-sucker balls on the end (can buy at the local drug store). We use a combination of frozen mysis, rotifers, enriched brine, golden pearls, phyto and lovely filter feeder food made at the WAMAS Club get-togethers.

Bob and Tamie

I have both black and orange - and yes - they need to be fed at least a couple times a week to stay healthy. They will open up at night, and after getting a 'taste' (smell?) of cyclopeeze, or food in the water.

My problem right now is my purple tang. SUPER chow-hound. Has never pushed back and said 'I'm full!' I feed the fish, and then try to feed the sun corals - and I have to beat the purple tang with the turkey baster so the corals can get a bite to eat! I've had my orange one for almost 2 years. It has grown to cover the rock it is on - but doesn't seem at all inclined to spread to the rocks it is touching. Best placement is in the shade, under an overhang of some sort - or a monti cap.

bob