Donations to Schools

davelin315

There's already a thread in the For Sale section, but thought I'd add one here as well now that it's open to the public. Remember, part of our mission statement is education and what better way to educate than to hook our youth through education about the oceans that cover over 70% of the planet's surface. There are many deserving kids out there who need your help and teachers who might be willing to get involved with your help, so post up here and let's see how far we can take this!

If you are a teacher and have or would like to have a tank in your classroom, please post here.

If you have things that you would like to donate or see used in a school, please post here!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely interested in this, but the problem will be getting them from you... there's also a teacher in MD, not sure what part, that might be interested as well. Do you ever make your way towards Northern VA?

• 3 weeks later...

No one is buying these odds and ends except for the rio600 and the jug

All the rest is available for school projects

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25823

I also have purple digi, purple acro, green milli, purple shrooms.

LMK what you want.

David

I also have a real slate background for a 30 gallon tank free.

also I have these zoos

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25822

Edited by davjbeas

Dave or Zygote, If I could make a run for some things tonight I would appreciate it. THe 5th grade program on oceanography is about to start, so the more goodies in the tank the better.

• 6 months later...

Have some "stuff" you may be interested in for the school tanks. Contact me at your earliest convenience.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dave,

I am located in MD and have enough room to hold the ocellaris clowns and the Anemone if you like. I will also have some salt mix and maybe a few other things to help out. Just let me know when you need them.

• 1 month later...
If I can sell my 50 breeder I would like to donate a 2.5" Yellow Eye Kole Tang to a school that has a large enough tank if possible. :)

Trying to get that breeder for a school! Cost is just a little out of the price range.

If I can sell my 50 breeder I would like to donate a 2.5" Yellow Eye Kole Tang to a school that has a large enough tank if possible. :)

I'll take the Kole tang if you get rid of the tank (or donate it to Doug's school!).

Any luck the tang could get some love in a Maryland school. If till available. I am over at Andrew Jackson Academy in Forestville, Maryland.

--Craig

Ok well If I need to get rid of it either you or sam are getting it.

I beleive Doug was initially going to buy my setup but I never heard back from him :hammer:

I beleive Doug was initially going to buy my setup but I never heard back from him :hammer:

Sorry, had to do some wheeling and dealing to get the most for the $$. I also needed an enclosed stand in the school, and don't have time to build right now. I worked out another deal to get a tank/stand/hood. Best of luck and I hope it goes to a good cause. Thanks for th offer.

No prob. I could have sold tank, stand, sump, and the base light :p Would have helped with enclosing it as well.

Just ask next time ;) I try to break the american norm and be helpful lol

• 2 weeks later...

PM sent

No prob. I could have sold tank, stand, sump, and the base light :p Would have helped with enclosing it as well.

Just ask next time ;) I try to break the american norm and be helpful lol

Never got the pm yesterday.

If you guys want the yellow eye kole tang for a school the following is going to have to happen.

I would like it to go into atleast a 75g (a 55 doesn't have a big enough footprint for this little guy, he was cramped in a 50 breeder)

I also cannot deliver, pickup needs to be made (I live off rt. 1 in college park, md)

Thats all I require, I just would like to see him go to a good home :)

• 2 months later...

I have a 40 gallon setup I'd be willing to donate to a school if there's one that could use it. Includes:

tank (pre-drilled with overflow)

oak stand and hood

2 x 96 PC lights (coralife)

sump with built in skimmer

whatever materials you'd like to go with it...chemicals, pumps, etc.

Would prefer to donate rather than sell, but I've got to get rid of it ASAP so it's gotta be one or the other soon. Send me PM or txt/call my cell: 703-200-8313

Pete

Edited by DCDeacon

• 2 months later...