Tbittner Tank Tour - Sunday October 12, 2008

Gatortailale

For those who would like to come by - we are going to provide hot dogs and the fixings and sodas, please feel free to bring a side dish to share, or a dessert and if you'd like something other than sodas please feel free to bring that along as well. We are hoping for a nice day weather wise, we have plenty of room for a game of football, baseball or whatever the kids would like to play. We hope to see you all out here for a nice fall day in the country and of course, to see than tanks too!

Patti & Terry

34438 Harry Byrd Hwy.

Round hill, VA 20141

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patti,

Grandson Christian, wife Jacqui and I plan on attending. We will also bring along a desert. We appreciated the oppurtunity to visit and view your tanks.

Thanks/Ron

I hope to be there, I'm really sorry if it messes with your plans if I can't give a definite, but I'm on call to ref a tournament if anyone drops out that day.

Thanks

Sam

I would love to come take a look at your tank. WOW, that must be something else. I can't make it because I will be helping my parents putting up a storm door and possibly replacing the entire sliding glass door as well.

For those who would like to come by - we are going to provide hot dogs and the fixings and sodas, please feel free to bring a side dish to share, or a dessert and if you'd like something other than sodas please feel free to bring that along as well. We are hoping for a nice day weather wise, we have plenty of room for a game of football, baseball or whatever the kids would like to play. We hope to see you all out here for a nice fall day in the country and of course, to see than tanks too!

Patti & Terry

34438 Harry Byrd Hwy.

Round hill, VA 20141

What time? I think I can stop by...

Terry & Patti,

Lazar family will be coming and bringing a 9-layer dip. We'll be a little late (around 2ish) due to church commitments.

Excited to finally see your amazing set up!

Maureen

What time? I think I can stop by...

Please feel free to come on over anytime after 1:00pm! Hope to see you here please bring your family and or friends with you! Just let us know how many you think might come - so we can be sure to have enough food on hand!

See You Sunday!

GREAT - We are so glad you guys can make it! IF you need directions or anything just give us a call!

See You Sunday!

T&P

Terry & Patti,

Lazar family will be coming and bringing a 9-layer dip. We'll be a little late (around 2ish) due to church commitments.

Excited to finally see your amazing set up!

Maureen

Excellent! Sounds like this is a MUCH better weekend for everyone. There are a lot more people coming this weekend then said they were coming on the prior weekend. I bought a TON of hot dogs, cheese burgers, and I'm also sauteeing up peppers and onions and I'll grill up a bunch of sausage. The tanks are also ready. :biggrin:

We're really looking forward to seeing you (and the tanks) this afternoon! Dip is made. Terry - don't burn all the hot dogs........................ :lol2:

Let us know if you need anything last minute, we'll have one more chance to check for PMs before noon.

Terry and Patti:

My apologies for RSVPing and then bugging out. A group of friends wanted to go to Great Country Farms yesterday and I don't think I can do the drive on back to back days.....too much stuff to do around the house. Maybe if Doug is up for a tank tour in the near future, I'll beg to swing by check out the 750+ gallons.

Thanks for your hospitality though.

Steve

Patti and I would like to thank everyone for coming! We had a fantastic time! It was really great meeting some of you for the first time too. I sincerely hope everyone made it home, from the country,safe and sound. :)

Terry and Patti,

You are awesome hosts, we had a lovely time.

I once wrote that I thought your tank was my dream tank when I saw your dedicated tank thread. After seeing your set up in person, I'm sure it is. As a matter of fact I'm sure it is now the dream tank of everyone lucky enough to have stopped by today. You've set a new standard. The basement is a gorgeous set up (I'm sure there's some TV envy going on here too), but I'd just plant myself on the couch and stare at the 450g for hours and watch the fish. Kathryn loved the sea apple.

Jon, of course, was also pretty wowed by your tank room set up.

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and meeting up with folks, thanks so very much for having all of us. You are both such lovely folks and we look forward to seeing you soon.

The drive home was a little longer than I thought it would be, but I have to say taking 15 home was gorgeous with the leaves changing colors on all the hills. Next time you have to come down our way and take a peak at our little tank...................... :)

ps - whoever brought the 3 layered cake................it was amazing!!!

So was all the food actually, thanks to all.

Was it coconut? If so it was me.

Now who bought the dip?

I need the recipe.

Was it coconut? If so it was me.

Now who bought the dip?

I need the recipe.

Carla,

It WAS the coconut and it was delicious!

If it was the layered Mexican dip you're asking after...................that was me. Let me know and I'll pm assembly instructions (no cooking required).

Maureen

Dear Patti and Terry,

Jacqui, Christian and I had a great time. We appreciated the opportunity to view such a fantastic setup. Meeting new and old friends is also always a highlight. Jacqui hopes that we all didn't make to much of a mess drooling ;) around the tanks and the TV room.

Thanks for being such gracious host. :clap:

I loved the automation stuff. Besides money, my biggest complaint with the aquacontrollers is that there isn't enough room for 'tinkering'. I like that you used the DIY controllers and wrote your own code, and that you bridged the interface to a proper RJ45 connection.

Thank you all for stopping by! The food was fantastic - great salads, the cake was luscious, the dip was great - BUT I have to know who brought the chocolate chip-chunk cookies????? Those were my favorite - I am a chocoholic - I can never get enough chocolate! Please PM me if you made them or brought them - I have to find more!!

Thanks again and hope everyone made it safely home!!

Edited by Patti

Thank you all for stopping by! The food was fantastic - great salads, the cake was luscious, the dip was great - BUT I have to know who brought the chocolate chip-chunk cookies????? Those were my favorite - I am a chocoholic - I can never get enough chocolate! Please PM me if you made them or brought them - I have to find more!!

Thanks again and hope everyone made it safely home!!

My wife and I. They actually didn't turn out exactly right, as she accidentally added an extra egg. At any rate, those are also our favorite, and have won several informal workplace contests.

If you think those were good, you should try my cookie dough shakes made from the same batter. I started experimenting when I had to give up my favorite cookie dough ice cream at Dairy Queen (due to trans-fat content... yikes!), and I've finally got it to the point that I don't miss DQ's product at all.

My vote was for the coconut cake. After seeing Terry's tanks and eating that cake, I could've died a happy and content man yesterday.

Edited by MisterTang