My Dr. Mac Pokerstar...

Dr. Mac...

I purchased a pokerstar frag from you - about a year ago? Maybe fall meeting... The one where you delivered orders, and brought a bunch of frags to sell.

Anyhow - I've been growing it, and fragging it ... but it has never really gotten the green on blue that I expected.

Mine is consistently 'superman-like' red on blue when the frag is small, and at the growing edges of the parent colony - rainbowing out to green on more like red than blue in the center - the oldest polyps.

Does it need some particular lighting or treatment? I now have about 6-8 fully-encrusted frags. I had been hoping to sell the frags - but I might have some trouble convincing anyone they were pokerstar :)

Thanks,

bob

Bob. I have my frag I got from you under 20K radiums in the top of the tank and it has a "Superman" blue base with orange, yellow, and green polyps all over.

Chris: That sounds like it changes to a rainbow.

Bob: Mine has the same grow and color pattern as yours. My frag came from Copps who has lineage back to Tyree. Copps had the mother colony down at the bottom of his tank where it has less lighting. I am thinking of placing mine down at the bottom instead of up on top tank and see if it changes color. LMK if you try with success.

Chris: That sounds like it changes to a rainbow.

Bob: Mine has the same grow and color pattern as yours. My frag came from Copps who has lineage back to Tyree. Copps had the mother colony down at the bottom of his tank where it has less lighting. I am thinking of placing mine down at the bottom instead of up on top tank and see if it changes color. LMK if you try with success.

The rainbow has a superman blue base and green polyps throughout and fade from green to yellow to orange polyps on the growth edge. The pokerstar should have a blueish purple base with green polyps throughout.

Hi,

The Limited Edition Pokerstar colony we have looks exacvtly like the photo on our site. all bright green polyps---actually to the extent that you really only see green when it is open. The frags grow out initially with multicolored polyps, as the frag matures and grows into a fuller colony it will get all green polyps. I know it sounds odd, but all of the frags taken from this parent colony get these multicolored polyps and many folks think they are rainbow montis, but they are actually the pokerstar. The Rainbow parent colony puts out frags that have really bright orange polyps at first until they grow out some. This phenomenon is due to the varying coloration of polyps at the rapid growth zones and these monti frags grow extremely rapidly. I do have several really nice larger WYSIWYG frags posting this week on the site of some nice supergirl and superman montis.

Thanks, Mac