WANTED! Corals for NADC tank

dbartco

Guam_corals.pdfWAPA_coral_inventory.pdf

We are looking for corals for the 600 WAMAS tank at the NADC. Both stony and soft corals. Below is a list of common corals around Guam, as well as a more complete attached pdf's.

How to submit:

Post a picture of the coral on this forum. The NADC has to apporve of the coral before putting it in their tanks. Once approval is confirmed, we will arrange for a place to pickup. We are also doing pickups at the fragfest, or by NADC committee pickup.

Some are below:

Acropora aspera

Acropora tenuis

Acropora valida

Astreopora gracilis

Astreopora myriopthalma

Astreopora randalli

Montipora foveolata

Montipora sp.

Montipora verrucosa

Gardinoseris planulata

Pavona decussata

Pavona divaricata

Pavona varians

Pavona venosa

Stylocoeniella armata

Stylocoeniella guentheri

Oulophyllia crispa

Cyphastrea chalcidicum

Cyphastrea serailia

Diploastrea heliopora

Echinipora lamellosa

Favia favus

Favia pallida

Favia stelligera

Favites abdita

Favites russelli

Goniastrea edwardsi

Goniastrea pectinata

Goniastrea retformis

Leptastrea purpurea

Leptastrea transversa

Leptoria phrygia

Monastrea curta

Platygyra daedalea

Platygyra pini

Heliopora coerulea

Hydnophora microconos

Scapophyllia cylindrica

Acanthastrea echinata

Lobophyllia corymbosa

Lobophyllia hemperichii

Galaxea fascicularis

Pocillopora damicornis

Pocillopora verrucosa

Goniopora sp.

Porites cylindrica

Porites annae

Porites lichen

Porites lobata

Porites lutea

Porites rus

Porites superfusa

Coscinaraea columna

Psammocora contigua

Psammocora profundacella

• 2 weeks later...

If you have something, and don't know the name, just post a pic. That way it will get forwarded on quickly anyway. No need to be an expert, everyone can chime in their thoughts. There is no way to tell 100% on these things, just a educated guess.

Doug,

Here's a picture of a large bubble coral we'd like to offer for the NADC tank, although it's not on the list. It's about 7" fully opened. We can bring it to the Frag Fest next week if you're interested.

Jon and Maureen

gallery_2631507_441_54917.jpg

(edited)

are you looking for full colonies or just frags? I have a nice frag of a montipora capnella (red) that has about 4 plates forming on it but is only about 2x3". Sorry, pics are unavailable as my camera is *still* at the Canon repair facility....

camera is back. Here is a pic of the colony. I put the frag piece I'm offering for a donation back on the colony it broke off of, but it hasn't reattached. The frag is circled.

Sorry 'bout the image. Thought I fixed it.

NADC-donation.jpg

Edited by Integral9

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know, they can accept corals at the meeting as well.

I'd be more than happy to bring it with me. But I don't know if y'all want that Montipora SP. (red monti cap) or not.

I've got a big red pocillopora colony I would like to find a home for. Do they still need damicornis?

I donated my large red one, but another color?

For the rest, I'm sorry I have been traveling alot for the last 3 weeks and I missed these posts. I will get back with you asap on here. I didn't know there were pics up for donation. My apologies.

I donated my large red one, but another color?

I can put it under PCs for a few weeks until it's brown, I guess.

I can put it under PCs for a few weeks until it's brown, I guess.

:clap: best idea yet for rapid color change!!

can I donate a frag? if so I can donate a yellow milli with green base to you!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it tax deductible? If, so, I assume the donors get fair-market-value receipt letters to tax deduction purposes?

I don't know at this time if they can do that. I will check with that. I am hoping, but may fall in int the <$100 value, you don't need the receipt type thing.

What I always seem to get is "check with your accountant...." before claiming - (which mine is turbo tax, so who knows).

• 5 months later...

Doug,

Are they still looking for corals? I know this is an older thread but thought I would check. I have a nice Pavona that I would like to donate. I can either give a frag or small colony. I'm not 100% sure whether it is Pavona decussata, or Pavona divaricata. I looked on a couple of sites and they have pics of what mine looks like labeled as both types of Pavona. Here is a current pic of the coral. Please let me know if they are still accepting donations.

1012493mediumzs2.jpg

Doug,

Are they still looking for corals? I know this is an older thread but thought I would check. I have a nice Pavona that I would like to donate. I can either give a frag or small colony. I'm not 100% sure whether it is Pavona decussata, or Pavona divaricata. I looked on a couple of sites and they have pics of what mine looks like labeled as both types of Pavona. Here is a current pic of the coral. Please let me know if they are still accepting donations.

1012493mediumzs2.jpg

I'm so glad you brought this post back!

Are there any updated photos of our Wamas tank?

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

Not a coral, but I would like to donate a large Derasa clam if you are interested (He's getting too big for my tank).....I have had him for many years and have watched him grow from 3 inches to a foot or so....

cheers,

Darren