We were wondering...

We were wondering...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of Sales/Group Buy are you guys most interested in?

• Dr. Mac Handpicked page (cherry colonies, larger pieces)
    • Maricultured/Aquacultured corals page
    • WYSIWYG Frags
    • Australian corals page
    • Fish/Inverts
    • 'Blanket Sale' (smaller discount, multiple pages)

Hi all!

In an effort to be able to provide special offers to your club that will be off the most interest to your members, we thought it might be a good idea to try and find out a little more about your specific interests. I can't guarantee that we will ever run any of these specific sales, but you never know. Vote now and maybe the next special sale we run for your club will be the one you've just been dying to see. And feel free to make other suggestions in this thread, but please be realistic. An 85% off everything sale just isn't likely to happen ;)

Becky

I really like knowing that the corals I buy are maricultured/aquacultured and I tend to look specifically for these types. I'd rather buy these knowing that a reef wasn't destroyed to collect it.

gotta go with Ybe on that one, Free shipping would be wonderful considering the cost of gas.

otherwise Id go with either hand picked/WYSIWYG or the maricultured, we have so many members who have so many awesome corals picked up from you guys i would like to see more "show" pieces out in the club.

gotta go with Ybe on that one, Free shipping would be wonderful considering the cost of gas.

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that we are already running a free shipping offer for your club! Applies to livestock (no liverock or sand) orders over $200, held for pickup at your local UPS Customer Center, shipped during the week (no Saturday delivery). If you're not sure you'll make the $200 limit, organize a group buy with a couple of your reefer buddies. Just let us know and we'll handle all the details of getting the individual orders together!

Becky

How come there wasn't an "all the above" option?? :biggrin:

In all seriousness, running different specials, say every month or so, is always a good option.

I specifically liked it when Dr. Mac brought a bunch of frags to one of our meetings. Unfortunately I don't think he got the business he intended to get that day, but it was because he came to our annual Fall Fragfest meeting. There were lots of free frags being given away to members, so I don't think there was the same motivation to purchase corals like at all of the other meetings.

Don't get me wrong, I know he sold a bunch, and I know many many people were very happy with their corals. I just wanted to make sure Dr. Mac didn't think that was the norm for our meeting, as far as coral purchasing goes.

We'd like to see an across-the-board discount for WAMAS members. There's usually something I want in more than one category, and I always want to consolidate my orders to eliminate extra shipping charges. So I end up not ordering at all. If there was a broad discount, I would order more critters from Dr. Mac.