55 gallon plastic drums

CHUBAKAH

I'm thinking a pressure washer should take care of the problem. If you don't own one, the do it yourself carwash should work just fine on the rinse cycle. Most even use filtered water.

:wink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking a pressure washer should take care of the problem. If you don't own one, the do it yourself carwash should work just fine on the rinse cycle. Most even use filtered water.

:wink:

Good Idea! :cheers:

I think I am going to do the power washer trick and then fill the drums up with plain water and let them set for a couple of weeks. It's nice having all the imput from the WAMAS members.

If anyone knows the diameter of the 55 gallon barrel, that info might be helpful in determining how many of them I can get in the back of my pick-me-up. :)

the 55 diameter is little is little over 23" and the height is 35"

This same issue has been brought up on quite a few threads on the internet. The final consensus, was that if you rinse them out at least three time and clean them as best as possible, that there would be no harmful residues left. :) There were more concerns with what was used to clean them with, as far as toxins go.

the moderators from another site that I frequented for my discus suggested that I use bleach. That was what I used and it worked. It's a good idea to clean it over the course of several days.

If anyone knows the diameter of the 55 gallon barrel, that info might be helpful in determining how many of them I can get in the back of my pick-me-up. :)

23-1/2 round by 36-1/4 high.

Long bed will get eight, short 6.

Unless of course you have ladder racks then maybe double that.

:why:

How many barrels will a 14'x6'x4' dump trailer hold? :biggrin:

I will be picking the barrels up next week before the meeting.

How many barrels will a 14'x6'x4' dump trailer hold? :biggrin:

I will be picking the barrels up next week before the meeting.

Sounds like at least 12 or so.

:clap:

3/30/2008 Update for Barrel orders:

--------------------------------------------

Chubakah: 2 - 55 gal barrels.

Madmax7774: 2 - 55 gal barrels.

Yauger: 2 - 55 gal barrels.

DaveS: 1 - 35 gal barrel.

I will be picking up the barrels on Wed. or Thurs. of this week, so there is still some time for addtional orders for the meeting Sat.

Edited by Highland Reefer

(edited)

Thanks so much for doing this Cliff. Let us know when you have them in your hands. I'd love to stop by before the weekend and pick mine up before the meeting so I can drive my car instead of my truck to the meeting on either evening.

Let me know if that works for you.

Mark

Edited by CHUBAKAH

Thanks so much for doing this Cliff. Let us know when you have them in your hands. I'd love to stop by before the meeting and pick mine up before the meeting so I can drive my car instead of my truck to the meeting on either evening.

Let me know if that works for you.

Mark

Mark, I will let you know when I pick them up. :)

Are there size estimates for the 35 gal?

Are there size estimates for the 35 gal?

There are several sizes, but looks like the most common is 19.3 round by 29.5 tall.

3/30/2008 Update for Barrel orders:

--------------------------------------------

Carl: 2 - 55 gal barrels.

DaveS: 1 - 35 gal barrel.

I will be picking up the barrels on Wed. or Thurs. of this week, so there is still some time for addtional orders for the meeting Sat.

Cliff, I'd like one 35 gal. Steve

There are several sizes, but looks like the most common is 19.3 round by 29.5 tall.

Thanks

Hi there - if it's not too late, I'll take 2x 35 (55 OK if for some reason 35 not available)

Thanks!~

Steven

3/30/2008 6:00 PM update:

--------------------------------

DaveS: 1 - 35 gal barrel. (? if 55 gal is not available)

Stevearlen: 1 - 35 gal barrel. (1 - 55 gal if 35 gal is not available)

Dchild: 2 - 35 gal barrels. (2- 55 gal if 35 gal is not availabe)

(edited)

4/2/2008 7:00 AM Update:

--------------------------------

DaveS: 1 - 35 gal barrel. (? if 55 gal is not available)

Stevearlen: 1 - 35 gal barrel. (1 - 55 gal if 35 gal is not available)

Dchild: 2 - 35 gal barrels. (2- 55 gal if 35 gal is not availabe)

Nitro Junkie: 2 - 35 gal barrels. (2-55 gals if 35 gal is not available)

I will be picking up the barrels on Thurs. of this week, so there is still some time for addtional orders for the meeting Sat. I will pick-up the $5.00/barrel charge at the meeting. :)

After leaving several messages, I finally was able to talk to Howard Tate again just now. He said the likelyhood of getting 30 gal and not 35 gal barrels was very remote. He said they usually only have about 12 barrels a day available and thought he would have a larger amount available tomorrow afternoon. First come first serve. I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon. I will update the results after I pick them up.

After leaving several messages, I finally was able to talk to Howard Tate again just now. He said the likelyhood of getting 30 gal and not 35 gal barrels was very remote. He said they usually only have about 12 barrels a day available and thought he would have a larger amount available tomorrow afternoon. First come first serve. I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon. I will update the results after I pick them up.

Cliff, I'm not sure I understand this. Was there a typo on the 30/35 numbers?

Cliff,

Have no clue how you are going to haul all those barrels around, but if they have 2-55g's and you have space, I'll be ready to pick up at the meeting :>)

fwiw: I may plan a run over the summer and can likely carry 6-8 in my vehicle.

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.

Scott

(edited)

Cliff, I'm not sure I understand this. Was there a typo on the 30/35 numbers?

Sorry, I did not state that clearly. They do not have 35 gal. drums according to Howard Tate. They now have 30 gal. drums. Mr Tate said the likelyhood of having 30 gal. drums available is very remote, because they get very few of that size. :(

DaveS, it sounds to me that you do not want a 55 gal drum instead of the 30 if I get lucky. Let me know if you want me to get you a 55 gal.

Cliff,

Have no clue how you are going to haul all those barrels around, but if they have 2-55g's and you have space, I'll be ready to pick up at the meeting :>)

fwiw: I may plan a run over the summer and can likely carry 6-8 in my vehicle.

Cheers and thanks for your efforts.

Scott

I will add in your two 55 gal barrels in on the next update. I am taking my dump trailer to the dump in a little while. It is 14' long x 6' wide x 4' high. Should hold all the barrels I need to pickup plus some. :biggrin: The biggest concern is if Pepsi will have enough for our needs. :why:

Cliff in all likelihood a 30G would work BETTER for me than a 35 so I'm up for that if you can find one. If 55 is the only thing available, go ahead and grab one for me. It's only $5 and maybe I can figure something out with my small space. Otherwise someone else will probably want it at some point.

Thanks so much for making the run!

The biggest concern is if Pepsi will have enough for our needs. :why:

Nice hauler :>)

fwiw: I don't think they'll have enough, but I can use up to 8 if they have them :D