Best setting for a Tunze multi-controller

steveoutlaw

I have 2 tunze 6055s on a multi controller in my 65g. Can anybody tell me how they have their multi controllers set? I'm looking for randomized flow, possibly wave action back and forth.

I have 2 tunze 6055s on a multi controller in my 65g. Can anybody tell me how they have their multi controllers set? I'm looking for randomized flow, possibly wave action back and forth.

On a 7094 or a 7095:

Have one pump on channel 1.

Have one pump on channel 2.

Slide the mode switch into the position with the 2 arrows pointing at each other, i.e. wave/tide/back and forth.

Tune speed and the switching interval to taste.

Cheers.

Thanks. I've got a 7095 and don't have a setting with arrows pointing at each other. I put them on the setting for interval 1 but it seemed like they were starting awfully hard.......so much so that you could see them shake and hear them click when they would start up. Is there a way to get them to start a little easier?

Thanks. I've got a 7095 and don't have a setting with arrows pointing at each other. I put them on the setting for interval 1 but it seemed like they were starting awfully hard.......so much so that you could see them shake and hear them click when they would start up. Is there a way to get them to start a little easier?

Clean them? :biggrin:

IIRC, they shouldn't really be going OFF and ON, they should be going SLOW and FAST. Tunzes start poorly and it's tough on them, which is one of the reasons the controller never turns them off (the other reason is to avoid turning them into a chum pot!) If the props are actually stopping, then you might have a problem. I don't know where my Tunze manual is, but my AquaSurf manual suggests not setting the minimum speed below 30% of max.

Clean them? :biggrin:

IIRC, they shouldn't really be going OFF and ON, they should be going SLOW and FAST. Tunzes start poorly and it's tough on them, which is one of the reasons the controller never turns them off (the other reason is to avoid turning them into a chum pot!) If the props are actually stopping, then you might have a problem. I don't know where my Tunze manual is, but my AquaSurf manual suggests not setting the minimum speed below 30% of max.

I currently have it set on pulse and it alternates between 30% and 100%. The pumps never stop on this setting. However, when I put it on the "Interval" setting the pumps alternate, but they shut all the way down. These are the Tunze Nano Stream 6055 pumps and they are brand new.

thanks for the help.

No, the nanostreams always have that sound upon startup. I was told my Roger that you really shouldn't use the sequence or the interval 1 with the nanos. I use mine on Interval 2, which never cuts the pump completely off. I have the bottom power knob the lowest in can go, and the top on as high as it'll go, so it jumps from min to max power creating waves. Works really well. I've used the pulse before also, but I like the interval 2 because it turns on the max power in different orders, as where pulse just cranks all pumps at the same time.

Also, with the 6055s, don't make the same mistake as me and think the pumps are too weak for the money. I was so pisssed that I bought those pumps at first, but then I realized I had them on the weakest voltage, limiting the pump to about 1/3 of make power. I didn't realize that you could change voltage switch on the power source. They actually pump a decent amount of water when on full power.

Edited by jamesbuf

No, the nanostreams always have that sound upon startup. I was told my Roger that you really shouldn't use the sequence or the interval 1 with the nanos. I use mine on Interval 2, which never cuts the pump completely off. I have the bottom power knob the lowest in can go, and the top on as high as it'll go, so it jumps from min to max power creating waves. Works really well. I've used the pulse before also, but I like the interval 2 because it turns on the max power in different orders, as where pulse just cranks all pumps at the same time.

Also, with the 6055s, don't make the same mistake as me and think the pumps are too weak for the money. I was so pisssed that I bought those pumps at first, but then I realized I had them on the weakest voltage, limiting the pump to about 1/3 of make power. I didn't realize that you could change voltage switch on the power source. They actually pump a decent amount of water when on full power.

James - I put it on Interval 2, but the controller turns them on in the order of 1,1,2. Is there a way to make it so the order is 1,2,1,2?

James - I put it on Interval 2, but the controller turns them on in the order of 1,1,2. Is there a way to make it so the order is 1,2,1,2?

It should switch the order around. 1,2,1, then pause, then 2,1,2. Play around with the timer knob for the interval. I keep mine a little less than half way. Play around with your new toy. You'll find settings that you like.

Jon Fisher (kngfisher) modified mine and it REALLY pumps the water now.

Which mod are you referring to Chip. The mod where you cut out every third spacer in the grill, or where you file down the inside of the propeller shaft??