Sample programming for Aqua Controllers?

YBeNormal

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

discretekarma,

I belive that part of aquanotes is disabled unless you have purchased the full version... Do you have an ac III or jr?

If you have a III it's much better to send a text message by sending an email to:

<phone number>@<carriers address.com>

For example you can send me a text message at: 4105559999@vzwpics.net (each carrier has a different extension which I think if you search for a while you'll find.

Then configure the email on the ac III unit.

Dave

If you use the AC3 to control your calcium reactor dont you need another PH probe in teh calcium reactor to tell the CO2 when to turn on and off? I have the PH probe in my sump and dont see another hook up for another PH probe on the ac3 unit.

I thought you put one probe in teh calcium reactor to turn on and off the co2 and have anohter in the sump to turn on the feed pump... is this right?

That makes sence to send an email to your phone but I can't even get the email going. I'm not sure I have everything set up right.

I'll go through each screen. it says:

EMAIL :ON

SMTP Server - SMTP.GMAIL.COM

FROM ADDRESS - MYADDRESS@GMAIL.COM

TO ADDRESS - MYPHONENUMBER@VTEXT.COM

ALT TO ADDRESS - MYWIFESEMAIL@YAHOO.COM

EMAIL AUTH: ON

AUTH USER : BLANK

AUTH PASSWORD - BLANK

ALARM : ALM

REEMEAIL DELAY : 060 M

SMTP PORT : 25

If anyone sees anything wrong with this, please let me know so I can get it working.

discretekarma,

I belive that part of aquanotes is disabled unless you have purchased the full version... Do you have an ac III or jr?

If you have a III it's much better to send a text message by sending an email to:

<phone number>@<carriers address.com>

For example you can send me a text message at: 4105559999@vzwpics.net (each carrier has a different extension which I think if you search for a while you'll find.

Then configure the email on the ac III unit.

Dave

Give us the full network settings... that's more likely where the problem is (name server is my guess).

For the carriers text message, there is a great tool out there called GOOGLE!! :) :) Learn to use it.

From the first link:

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net

Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com

Cingular: phonenumber@cingularme.com

Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com

Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

Dave

IP address - 192.168.2.50

NETMASK - 255.255.255.000

GATEWAY - 192.168.1.1

DNS Server - 192.168.1.1

Alt DNS Server - 192.168.1.1

Http Port - 80

I was told that the whole network was on .2 which is why the IP address is 2.50 instead of 1.50.

I wasn't told to change anything else though. Should I have?

From your PC... pull up a dos window (Start -> Run -> Cmd)

Type "ipconfig /all "

Put results here and I'll give you all the settings.

Dave

For your aquacontroller:

IP address - 192.168.2.50 - ok

NETMASK - 255.255.255.000 - ok

GATEWAY - 192.168.1.1 change to 192.168.2.1

DNS Server - 192.168.1.1 change to 192.168.2.1

Alt DNS Server - 192.168.1.1 change to 192.168.2.1

Http Port - 80

AquaNotes works online still but I'm not able to get emails even with these changes. I must have some other setting wrong.

Thanks for helping

Who is your ISP? Make sure they are not blocking outbound smtp.

In the DOS window you did the ipconfig command, type "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25" Then hit enter a couple of times. See if you get anything or it stays hung trying to connect.

None of those worked for me. My ISP is Comcast. Is that telnet.smtp.gmail.com or telnet smtp.gmail.com?

These were my results.

cmd-1.jpg

Who is your ISP? Make sure they are not blocking outbound smtp.

In the DOS window you did the ipconfig command, type "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25" Then hit enter a couple of times. See if you get anything or it stays hung trying to connect.

Edited by discretekarma

Ah, a VISTA user...

Telnet usage is not as common as it used to be so Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided not to install it by default (although they did choose to install lots of even less useful crap). You will need to perform the following steps to enable telnet on your machine:

1. Click Start then select Control Panel.

2. Select Programs and Features.

3. Select Turn Windows features on or off.

4. Select the Telnet Client option.

5. Click OK.

P.S. The second example in your screen capture is the correct syntax.

I think I see the problem. I had originally filled in all of the blanks except "auth user" and "auth password" and could not get the AC III to send an email. Once I filled those fields in with an email address and password for one of my comcast email addresses it worked. Try filling in those fields and see if it works for you.

You forgot to add the "25" at the end of the command so telnet defaulted to port 23. What you are trying to test though is port 25 (smtp).

The correct sytax is "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25"

You might be able to avoid all of that testing though. Fill in the "auth user" and "auth password" fields under Email in the AC III using the same information you use when checking your Comcast email. Then have the AC III send a test email.

I'm not getting any luck with that either. I'm thinking I may need to call someone on the phone (either someone on here or Neptune) and have them walk me through this issue on the phone. Anyone volunteers or should I call Neptune. Thanks.

[quote name='YBeNormal' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:12 AM' post='163248

You forgot to add the "25" at the end of the command so telnet defaulted to port 23. What you are trying to test though is port 25 (smtp).

The correct sytax is "telnet smtp.gmail.com 25"

You might be able to avoid all of that testing though. Fill in the "auth user" and "auth password" fields under Email in the AC III using the same information you use when checking your Comcast email. Then have the AC III send a test email.

Ok... there is a better debug method, but you still need telnet

from dos prompt:

telnet <ip of aquacontroller>

You will be prompted for a login and password

You should get to an aquaocontroller> prompt

type the following 3 commands:

cons

1 maild

mail

Show us the output (it will tell us the error you are getting).

Dave

Yes. I put my gmail user name and password in there before I even started looking for help.

I followed the commands but never got a chance to type mail. When I typed 1 maild it started to go and after about 150 lines it stopped. Here are the last few lines.

I tried again and it was after I typed cons <enter> that it took off.

cmd2.jpg

Edited by discretekarma

Well you have the network stuff in correctly, but the email sending is not how the gmail server is expecting it...

Do you have POP/SMTP enabled on your gmail account?

Dave

Sorry for all the questions but there are a lot of steps here that have to be configured on the outside.

Are you also 100% srue you have your email (your username) and your password in correctly?

Dave

Well you have the network stuff in correctly, but the email sending is not how the gmail server is expecting it...

Do you have POP/SMTP enabled on your gmail account?

Dave

Sorry for all the questions but there are a lot of steps here that have to be configured on the outside.

Are you also 100% srue you have your email (your username) and your password in correctly?

Dave

gmail is web-mail... no pop3 server, no smtp server.

bob