C.I.T.E.S.

AquariaUSA

Although selection can be slim in the winter-spring months, I have heard from three different suppliers already that CITES is being done again in Indonesia...slowing coral orders that are not captive-bred or farmed. Got an email today which makes four... "Well, it's that time of year. Indonesia is renewing their CITES permits. We are currently completely out, and that means NO hard corals. Most of you probably have more hard corals in your tanks than I do in mine right

now! In addition to putting the squeeze on hard corals, the other animals (mushrooms, polyps, soft corals) are also psuedo-CITES animals because they are listed as Scleractinia due to the pieces of rock they live on. To make a long, frustrating story short, our availability is pretty pathetic right now. I didn't even bother updating the in stock list. If there's something you want, let me know and I'll try to get it." (Mary Middlebrook) Any local retailers getting the same thing, or have you switched to mainly captive? I have been to a few stores...