What fish stores are there by alexandria?

akbuuur

I second BRK, but if you have to go on 66, good luck to you

Alexandria:

Wally's at 6493 little river turnpike (sometimes decent)

Super Petz just about a mile away (usually terrible, but good for live brine shrimp and freshwater fish and good tank prices. big LFS, you should see it at least once)

Drive west on little river from Wally's until you get to the intersection of little river turnpike and john marr rd. Super Petz is there.

tim

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

BRK is probably as far from Alexandria as it is from Columbia. :)

Not sure there is much out there. You might be better off asking if there is somewhere in DC worth visiting.

Tracy

Is BRK even open on Tuesday? I was there today and was told they would be closed until Friday.

tooo funny i was just sitting here thinking the same thing....and wow its bit of a drive from alexandria!

tooo funny i was just sitting here thinking the same thing....and wow its bit of a drive from alexandria!

I don't pass VA geography very well, what else is down there?

He's going to be in Alexandria - BRK is nowhere near there (about a 40 min drive).

I lived in Arlington and now live in DC - Wally's is OK but very overpriced - fish tend to be $5-$20 more than I see at Scales or BRK. Dry goods are also overpriced. Tanks are the only exception, they tend to be reasonable. I go there in emergencies when trekking to Scales isn't an option.

Unfortunately on the VA side, the only stores really worth going to are BRK (not open on Tuesdays), Fins & Feathers, and Marine Scene is also supposed to be good. None of those are anywhere near Alexandria.

Send Dan (Dandy7200) a PM and see if you can stop by - he'll have the coolest toys in Alexandria to look at :lol2:

thanks guys! i been to BRK before i loved it. i go there usually when im down in mannassas(sp) at my cousin's house. ill hit up roozens.

thanks guys! i been to BRK before i loved it. i go there usually when im down in mannassas(sp) at my cousin's house. ill hit up roozens.

If you do go to Rozens, please report back. They are a unique operation

Thanks

lol, indeed, i haven't gone there since i was about 11 years old... haha

You won't find a better selection anywhere in MD, VA, or DC.

I've had as good or better better retention with Roozen's fish and corals than any other LFS also.

tim

so i didn't end up going to alexandira and hence i didn't go to roozens. i went to scales though prices were way higher than ever.