What does your screen name signify?

jamesbuf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wallybackm--short for Wally Backman, ex Mets infielder. Why I came up with that name? Random neuron firing I guess.

I thought maybe it was the bunny's name. That is ONE BIG bunny!

And BB, your new icon trips me out. Too funny!!

Tracy

modelrr = model railroader

And BB, your new icon trips me out. Too funny!!
lol yes .. reminds me of my grandma's cat!

trble81 was what my wife came up with...it stands for trouble (which I guess she was called when she was younger) and 81 is her birth year.

Had I not been lazy and set up an account instead of just sharing one (because we have a family membership), I probably would have come up with something real creative like mzaiter (m for Mike and Zaiter is my last name)...like I said...real creative...

--Mike

Live in Virginia.

Ironman: to remind myself and start getting back into Triathlon now that daughter is 5 years old.

The icon is for my daughter Emily, after she saw the "Finding Nemo" movie and would like to have a pair of her own. Emily gave me the motivation to get back into saltwater fish and reef after 12+ years off.

Lanman ... The first time I really needed a userid on the internet, was when I was trying to find out information on how to operate 'Lan Manager' - an ancient network operating system (which was not ancient at the time). The program is long gone, but the userid is still current, including my e-mail address; lanman at megapipe dot net.

bob

Grateful Dead song.

Everybody sing!!

Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I dont care,

Saw my baby down by the river, knew she'd have to come up soon for air.

Sweet blossom come on, under the willow, we can have high times if youll abide

We can discover the wonders of nature, rolling in the rushes down by the riverside.

Shes got everything delightful, shes got everything I need,

Takes the wheel when Im seeing double, pays my ticket when I speed

She comes skimmin through rays of violet, she can wade in a drop of dew,

She don't come and I dont follow, waits backstage while I sing to you.

Well, she can dance a cajun rhythm, jump like a willys in four wheel drive.

Shes a summer love for spring, fall and winter. she can make happy any man alive.

Sugar magnolia, ringing that bluebell, caught up in sunlight, come on out singing

Ill walk you in the sunshine, come on honey, come along with me.

A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine yes

Indeed.

Sometimes when the cuckoos crying, when the moon is half way down,

Sometimes when the night is dying, I take me out and I wander around, I wander

round.

Sunshine, daydream, walking in the tall trees, going where the wind goes

Blooming like a red rose, breathing more freely,

Ride our singin, Ill walk you in the morning sunshine

Sunshine, daydream. sunshine, daydream. walking in the sunshine.

:biggrin:

Interesting reasons...

My screen name was completely random. In the mid/late-90s, I was really into cars, specifically my Acura Integra (this was way before the Fast and Furious hype) and coincidentally, my full first name "Chakris" was already taken in the Acura forum. I asked my lil bro who was a lot 13 at the time for a name and he said tygger . Ever since then, I just used the same screen name in all forums that I participated in.

I'm not very creative :rollface:

It was late one night...I found the WAMAS site...I wanted to post...I needed a name quick...I was not very creative at the time.

Carl = Carl

Guest Ocean Arcade

Ocean Arcade

The name of my arcade where the reef tank takes center stage!

Jeff

you will understand when you see it :)

It was my radio call sign in Iraq. During our work-up we decided we needed something a little better than the pay-grade-rank-first-letter-of-last-name-thing demanded by protocol (as in: "echo six sierra" = E6 (Staff Sgt.) Sprano). So at first I came up with "Rabbit" because once upon a time I used to be sort of a fast runner, and Marines refer to such creatures as "rabbits". Then one of my guys started calling me "Rascally Rabbit" in his best Elmer Fudd imitation. I decided "Rabbit" didn't exactly sound very tough, but "Rascal" at least had potential. Anyway, it stuck.

Grateful Dead song.

Everybody sing!!

Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I dont care,

Saw my baby down by the river, knew she'd have to come up soon for air.

Sweet blossom come on, under the willow, we can have high times if youll abide

We can discover the wonders of nature, rolling in the rushes down by the riverside.

Takes the wheel when Im seeing double, pays my ticket when I speed

She comes skimmin through rays of violet, she can wade in a drop of dew,

She don't come and I dont follow, waits backstage while I sing to you.

Well, she can dance a cajun rhythm, jump like a willys in four wheel drive.

Shes a summer love for spring, fall and winter. she can make happy any man alive.

Sugar magnolia, ringing that bluebell, caught up in sunlight, come on out singing

Ill walk you in the sunshine, come on honey, come along with me.

A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine yes

Indeed.

Sometimes when the cuckoos crying, when the moon is half way down,

Sometimes when the night is dying, I take me out and I wander around, I wander

round.

Sunshine, daydream, walking in the tall trees, going where the wind goes

Blooming like a red rose, breathing more freely,

Ride our singin, Ill walk you in the morning sunshine

Sunshine, daydream. sunshine, daydream. walking in the sunshine.

:biggrin:

Do we need a doobie to sing like this ....or do we hold lighters up in the air?...ummmm...or is that the band band that sings sweet home alabama?

Krewlor - I used to play an online roleplaying game many years ago called Gemstone. It was a game based on magic and sword fighting evil creatures for silver coins, which allowed you to purchase items inside the game. The longer you played the more levels your character gained. The game is text based, no pictures and it is still around today. I sold the character to another player for some real life "silver" but I continue to use the name for other things outside the game.

Brian

Guest NSC

To answer your questions 1:yes 2 and 3: no. The Dead are where its at!!!! The Jerry bear tattoo on my leg says it all! Your thinking of Skynrd with the sweet home alabama, ok but not the Dead!!!

Do we need a doobie to sing like this ....or do we hold lighters up in the air?...ummmm...or is that the band band that sings sweet home alabama?

PS back on topic NSC stands for my three daughters first initials...original, I know.

I have an old 10cc Look, Hear album that says "Are you normal" on the cover and has a small picture of a yellow sheep on a psychiatrist couch on a beach. The album include the same picture on a large poster that I had hanging in my room when I signed up for a CompuServe account in the early 80's (using a screaming fast 300 baud acoustic coupler for a modem!). I needed a screen name, looked at the poster and came up with YBeNormal. I've used that name or variations (YBNormal, WhyBeNormal, R-U-Normal, etc.) for all of my online accounts since then.

ybenormal.jpg

Rottloverr - I love the species: Rottweiler. I cant wait to get another one. Mine passed years ago.

Sean

rottloverr@yahoo.com

Woodbridge,Va

Quote: I wanna have other fish say " darn I wanna be in his tank, he has pristine water".

Edited by rottloverr

forest (forrest) is made up of trees

a tree sprite is a creature you might find living in the wood of trees in an enchanted forest, like a pixie or faerie, that is kind of symbiotic with the tree

Guest Aurora

Heteractis Aurora...pic in thumbnail...the anemone that got me started in this hobby 10 years ago.