What does your screen name signify?

jamesbuf

I saw a thread like this over on CMAS and figured it'd be cool to start one here.

jamesbuf

Nothing really intriguing. My full name is James Bufkin and its a shortened version.

others?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoozilla = Extreme Love for Zoanthids, Palys, and the like. But, now that I am moving to a more SPS dominant tank, maybe I can change my screen name to SPSzilla :wink:

Edited by zoozilla

Phisigs79- Fraternity in college Phi Sigma Kappa- Phi Sig is what we are called 79 was my initation number

same as james L for my first name, Lance, and then my last name, LeTellier

mexicanjavafish

someone was showing me this really funny video online and it had nothing to do with ANYTHING in the video but they showed a picture of a fish on caffeine and the one character shouted MEXICANJAVAFISH!

I had been thinking for a while what my name could possibly be when I signed up and basically it won over everything i had previously thought of :lol:

even without the video, though, it would still make sense

its fairly simple, i'm mexican (..well...half anyway)

hooked on coffee, but mexicancoffeefish didnt look right

aaand......c'mon, it's wamas, its an aquarist club...the fish part just sounded right!

:fish:

When we were kids, my brother couldn't say "Tracy". He said "Zotzy". My entire family (aunts, uncles, and cousins included) call me Zotz, Zotzer, Zotzy.

Tracy

jstlsn - It means "Just Listen." When I was in high school, I was into car stereos and jstlsn was on the license plate of my car. The license plate has since been retired. But the online name stuck.

Brad

my name refers to my colorful driving history:

At 15 I taught myself to drive one weekend while my parents were out of town, by borrowing my dad's car and driving off across New york state for no apparent reason.

At 16 once I got my permit, I managed to accidentally rip the rear bumper off my dad's car in a grocery store parking lot because I thought it would be cool to try an "e-brake" slide in a snowstorm.

at 17, I was driving my mother's 2 month old Saab 900 with her in the passenger seat when I got into a head on collision, and totalled the car. To be fair though, it was icy, and it was the other guys fault.

at 18 I was caught going 104 mph on the NY state thruway by a state trooper who didn't take too kindly to my desire to find out just how fast my car would go.

later that same year (at 18) I managed to roll my car over, going around a corner on my way to see my girlfriend. and totalled the car.

between the ages of 18 and 25, I probably had 8 or 10 moving violations, and one disorderly conduct for an incident involving a motor vehicle and some dunkin donuts, that I don't care to recall.

Thankfully through a healthy regiment of intensive therapy, strong psychotropic medications, and occasional electro-shock therapy, I am happy to announce that I am now a relatively safe driver. Just don't cut me off.....

:biggrin:

Yauger - my last name... kinda boring but my nickname "jaugermeister" was already taken on the boards....

BTW my last name is pronounced Yeager, like the horrid drink....

When I was in the Army all of my buddies would call me jagermeister because we would always have drinking competitions in which such named liqueur was consumed...

Madmax, when we ever have that lunch? I'M DRIVING!!!!! :lol2:

Howard of Northern Virginia :)

Avator is from a club I belong to: North American Hunting Club.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you've ever seen me dance you would know why i chose this name......honestly it is one of my favorite "spinners" songs.

Edited by rrubberbandman

"They call me yuk mouth, cause I don't brush. WeeeWoooWeeeWoooo. Cavity creeps, cavity creeps. We make holes in teeth." :lol:

Couldn't help it. Reminds me of Sat morning cartoons....

dbartco= douglas b arthur company - a lost venture

143gadgets, was actually a mistake. It was supposed to be 14gadgets. :(

1 4 = I Love

gadgets = Gadgets

I LOVE GADGETS!!!! :clap:

<-- self explanitory

I get the first and last part, but how do filters enter into the equation? :biggrin:

143gadgets, was actually a mistake. It was supposed to be 14gadgets. :(

1 4 = I Love

gadgets = Gadgets

I LOVE GADGETS!!!! :clap:

"We can fix him. We have the technology...." Just say the word and it shall be done.