Justin's 550 almost-cube

wow...close to my dream tank, and it EXISTS!! HAHA, I am sad that I am just now finding this thread. But better late than NEVER! Great job!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks AWESOME, Justin!

I had no idea a WAMAS member had a National Aquarium sized tank in their home! Way cool!!!

You should have tours and visitors to educate and inspire people :idea:

Can't wait for recent pics and updates. Also, What is your filtration like? How big is the SUMP? I remember seeing a giant Protein Skimmer from back in 2008...

• 1 year later...

Not much to update, sadly- tank is in need of re-aquascaping and general rebooting. All fish are healthy, too healthy at times, as all of my large angels have eaten through most of the remaining coral. I have some ideas on turning it into a NPS tank, maybe that will happen this fall or winter. Right now it is basically a FOWLRSPG (fish only with live rock, star polyps, and gorgonians).

Not much to update, sadly- tank is in need of re-aquascaping and general rebooting. All fish are healthy, too healthy at times, as all of my large angels have eaten through most of the remaining coral. I have some ideas on turning it into a NPS tank, maybe that will happen this fall or winter. Right now it is basically a FOWLRSPG (fish only with live rock, star polyps, and gorgonians).

Nothing wrong with that! Healthy fat fish are cool too. Show those fish off! What kind of angels?

• 2 weeks later...

Keep your chin up, Justin. In this hobby our attention tends to wax and wane, especially when you have a little baby that takes all your attention. For example, I used to keep a thousand lilies in my garden in well tended beds. Since my twins were born (5 years ago) the beds have become so overgrown with weeds that I probably couldn't find 50 lilies still living.

This is just my way of saying that you're not alone. You will come up with a new level of interest when you have the time, and there are a lot of people here who would like to help you out.

• 1 year later...

That's hilarious

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Added a few fish.  Also managed to add some bryopsis.  I figured I'd post this video as I will likely be tearing things apart again this summer to redo the aquascape yet again.

Just redonkulous. The whole thing. Looks amazing!

(edited)

Just redonkulous. The whole thing. Looks amazing!

+1  Awesome!!

Edited by surf&turf

Now that is awesome.

Thanks everyone :)

Let's hope they are all still swimming by the end of next week. First major unattended test of the frozen autofeeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looking awesome, Justin!

Thanks everyone :)

Let's hope they are all still swimming by the end of next week. First major unattended test of the frozen autofeeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was hoping the frozen auto feeder was part of this! Great looking tank with lots of movement.

• 6 years later...