180g stand and canopy build

YBeNormal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stand was delivered to Mohsin's house tonight and this build project is officially completed. The lighting in Mohsin's house is much better than in my garage so the color of the stand doesn't look so yellow. The stand is actually more brown than in the new picture though. Hopefully Mohsin can take a picture that is closer to reality.

Anyway, here is the final picture of the completed stand and canopy:

DSCN5663-3.jpg

Stay tuned for the sequel, "Moshin's 180g tank build"! :)

Wow! Bob has really skillful hands. Just from looking at the pixes and he made out this stand even nicer. Wonderful job, Bob!

:clap:

what a fantastic work of furniture art. What a talented fellow you are.

Bob,

You made a beautiful peice of art. Don't worry, it's in good hands! :biggrin:

I couldn't be any happier.

For those of you who need to get anything made, dont hesitate to ask Bob! He puts tremendous amounts of hard work into his projects, and they come out a lot better than expected.

Btw, I plan on making the tank look just as good as the stand and canopy..I hope.. :rollface:

Many Thanks,

Mohsin

I stopped by Bob's place on Sat night to hang out with him in his garage. While I was there, I got a chance to take a close look at the stand and hood while Bob puts the finishing touches to them. As I walked around, It was hard not to gawk at the fine details that Bob puts into his work. Bob is truly a Rolls Royce craftsman of woodworking.

Congrats Mohsin on that beautiful stand and hood. Can't wait to see what your tank will look like once you're done with it. It should be quite a site as well.

James

Edited by jnguyen4007

Thanks again everyone. I'm happy to have the monster completed and out of the garage but now theres an echo. I guess I'll have to figure out another project to start on! Then again, maybe I can use the down time to knock out a few of the odd chores my wife has been bugging me about. :)

It's hard to tell from the picture but this setup leaves only about 8 or 9 inches or room between the top of the stand and the ceiling and it almost fills the entire wall behind it. I think there might be room for a plant on each side. It looks like the area was designed for this tank. Mohsin is (was?) repainting the room and the color he chose really accents the stand. This is going to be a beautiful tank once he gets it all set up and running.

WOW WOW WOW!

Bob,

If you want another project, I can't stand the hood on my tank (220 Reef) which was custom made by the PO and its about to break. I would love to see what you think about it.... maybe you can rebuild it or make me a new one?

If not its cool... Definately dont want to replace the stand (moving the reef is not fun). LMK!

Thanks!

Heres the front shot of the tank,stand, and canopy. This weekend, I plan on pushing the tank back a couple feet for the final location. The electrical is done for the tank, and I hopefully will be filling the tank with water as well.

Picture003-1.jpg

Edited by Weap0n_X