test strips

bcjm

I beta tested these for Jason years ago.  I didn't like them at all.  They are good for a quick check, and consistent, but the absolute determination is quite difficult from my experience.  I think he sent me dKH, pH, and the nitrates.  For your breeding purposes, I could see their utility though- it will indicate if levels are rising.  If you have a critical level that you don't want to go over, I would run titration based tests.

Michael

thanks for the info.

I order some fish from them to be delivered this Friday.  Want to see if I can put some dry goods together.

Any experience using "Stop Aiptasia"?

I've heard it works as well as anything.  My problem with any chemical means is that they eventually come back- I'm currently feeding the aptasia kalk paste which seems to work better than anything- let them injest the stuff.  Tried direct injections with 5M HCl and 10M NaOH and alternating.  Found it much harder to get the needle in them- and the NaOH is real messy to work with...  Best sucesses I've heard of are to nuke them chemically- especially the big ones, and make sure you have an army of peppermint shrimp to clean up the small ones.  I really really really hate aptasia- probably as much as glenn hates majano's :)  I love seeing them used in scientific studies, cause then they get ground up to oblivion!