Sand alternative?

phisigs79

They also say the reason if because it not fine which this is. Only issue i see is they say it doesnt dissolve as fast as aragonite. I do believe however this would be a better solution than silica based sand. Anyone else find articles on this?

I read the same thing. The dissolving isn't a big deal since we all dose calcium and other minerals. The reasons given don't support crushed marble as being a bad substance - just the form it's usually found in.

~Brian

We're in for four bags if it's relatively soon... we're looking for sand. Just checking: the price is $.27/lb WITH shipping... OR is it $1.27/lb WITH shipping? :wig:

Wonder if BRK or some shop would even broker this? Allow the delivery to come in there to get traffic into their store when we all come to pick it up?

We might be able to store a good bit of it in our business' warehouse in G'berg, MD if not.

It's $14 per 50# bag shipping included.

We may actually need to have it delivered to a business location - did the shipping charge take into account freight to a residence? Most carriers charge more for this.

I told the guy it would be going to my house

It's $14 per 50# bag shipping included.

We may be interested in 4 bags, again, if it's like in the next week or two... but we're also shopping for someone's live aragonite if we can get it. We're hoping to have our tank cycling by next Wed. at the latest and hope to put fish into it on the 13th or so. If delivery is much later than that, we may not be interested.

PM sent, Steve!

THANKS for doing this, Brian!

Edited by FishWife

• 2 weeks later...