Thanks for the Summer Symposium

I just wanted to say THANKs for a great event. Quite impressive. Excellent speakers. Excellent raffle. Great coral frags. Zowie.

And it did NOT hurt that I won that EuroReef CR80 skimmer. That may just save my tank and keep me going in the hobby! Thanks to Blue Ribbon Koi and EuroReef for donating it to the club for raffle.

steve

:bb:

Most excellent to see you and your daughter again!!!!

Congrats on the skiimmer!

Double congrats on a great Daughter too!!

-daddy I'm sure is very proud!

:cheers:

Agree, this summer symposium was very good. I actually was able to hear the speakers this time thanks to the fact that so selling/trading took place while the talks were being given. Really appreciate the WAMAS leadership's hard work in putting this on and getting such a terrific linup of speakers. There was something for everyone. Wish I had the expertise and/or ability to take time off the take part in some of the trips that were mentioned or even SECORE for that matter.

Thanks again for the symposium.

The free table was populated w/ a few frags.....all whom got some, enjoy, the ones I donated were acquired during last years frag fest so enjoy and spread the love when they grow in size. There was also an amazing number of raffle frags. Some folks walked any with multiple nice pieces.

Thank you also to the vendors/fellow reefers that had nice colonies and frags for sale. [i know I spend money on some things that were on my wish list, don't tell the wife :-) ]

So, just all and all, thank you

Thanks for coming, Steve. It was great to see that her project actually worked, unlike most of mine at her age. Hope to see you around more.

I hope people are interested in doing this again, maybe next spring. I had a great time listening and talking to the speakers, and learned a lot. I was the one who did the actual inviting, but most of the suggestions came from officers and members of the club. Keep the ideas coming!

Special thanks to the officers that put in so many hours arranging the location, speakers, food and drinks and other logistics behind the scene. I doubt most people realize just how much time and effort you all devote to the club. Even on the day of the meeting, you guys were busy shuttling speakers to and from the meeting, taking them out for an evening social and I even ran into Craig the next day playing tour guide for one of the speakers in downtown DC.

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

Agree, this summer symposium was very good. I actually was able to hear the speakers this time thanks to the fact that so selling/trading took place while the talks were being given.

Thanks John, I hope this becomes a standard for the remaining meetings, helped to keep the noise down and was great for all!

...especially the officers who got a chance to actually listen what we invited!

:clap:

Special THANKS to DaveH and Craig for allowing me time to RUN away from the check in desk!

Actually spent more time in front of Speakers then the last 4 years COMBINED!!

:cheers:

Even on the day of the meeting, you guys were busy shuttling speakers to and from the meeting, taking them out for an evening social and I even ran into Craig the next day playing tour guide for one of the speakers in downtown DC.

:clap: :cheers: :clap:

Thanks Bob, I think my extra effort paid off. Paul was excited to see all the DC monuments & capitol building. He is to provide us with contact info. on Martin Moe (Sp?) - whoot! Showing a speaker a good time goes a long way to getting speakers in future - they all talk and word of mouth will spread that WAMAS takes care of their speakers.

Little note froum one of the speakers -Paul Schlicht

Hey Craig,

Thank You so much for your hospitality! The tour around D.C. was just awesome! Thanks for taking time on your Sunday off to show me around. The botanical gardens blew me away, and i've been telling everyone about the Korean Memorial. That was so well designed.

I'm so glad you all invited me up to the meeting. You have some really cool folks in your society. It is really nice to know that there are still REAL aquarium stores out there supporting us, and smart hobbiests who want more than just Nemo. I need to get out of the hatchery more often. You guys got me all fired up about the big picture of our hobby. I really don't get any feedback from the folks that buy our fish, or what they would like to see us do. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions you or your group have. Our president is looking towards the future and making positive changes.

Thanks again Craig!

Aloha

Paul