Mini-Eductor

bigJPDC

According to Lowe's web site, the reducer coupling (25017) is now carried in VA and MD. It was mail-order only in the spring, but stocked locally in CA.

The specific barb adapter 194541 (and ivgonmad used a design feature of this specific adapter) is no longer carried by Lowes even in ivgonmad's Eastlake, CA store. If you buy one with a knurled barrel instead of with a molded nut, then you'll have to grind the knurls off to use it with ivgonmad's design.

Trying to build the original design I put a hundred miles on the car, a couple hours on the internet, and exchanged several PMs with ivgonmad. He offered to send me the parts from CA once I sent him the Lowes parts links :) , but it was past being cost-efficient or fun.

But DIY or COTS, eductors are cheaper than bigger pumps!

I was just out in Chantilly this morning, and for the heck of it went to the Lowes there - aisle 16 has the barbs, I bought four of them for future projects. $0.54 each.

jp

a tsunami? Isn't that overkill for a 75 anyway?

Whip one together and see what it does for you - if you are replacing what would have just been some locline or some other open piece of pvc you really have nothing to lose.

jp

a tsunami? Isn't that overkill for a 75 anyway?

Whip one together and see what it does for you - if you are replacing what would have just been some locline or some other open piece of pvc you really have nothing to lose.

jp

I was kidding, I think I'm going to have enough trouble with just 3600 gph of flow plus what ever my return is on my tank.

how many tanks do you have Jason? I think I see you buying on every trade thread, no matter what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
how many tanks do you have Jason? I think I see you buying on every trade thread, no matter what it is.

I have 2 tanks of my own a 55 and a 2.5, I have a 75 gal I'm waiting to install. Would you mind sharing any more pics of the eductor, or do you have any? I'm wondering if I can have a manifold with around 1000 gph flow though from a pump but have something closer to 13-1500 gph comming out at eductors

I have 2 tanks of my own a 55 and a 2.5, I have a 75 gal I'm waiting to install. Would you mind sharing any more pics of the eductor, or do you have any? I'm wondering if I can have a manifold with around 1000 gph flow though from a pump but have something closer to 13-1500 gph comming out at eductors

Check out the thread on RC from my first post, I have about a dozen posts in it. Another person just built some and has good pictures, along with many others. I don't know why folks are having trouble finding the parts though - Lowes at Dulles TC and in Chantily both have them. I coulnd't begin to speculate on how many gph you'll get by using them though but the difference was astounding in my tank.

Check out the thread on RC from my first post, I have about a dozen posts in it. Another person just built some and has good pictures, along with many others. I don't know why folks are having trouble finding the parts though - Lowes at Dulles TC and in Chantily both have them. I coulnd't begin to speculate on how many gph you'll get by using them though but the difference was astounding in my tank.

I don't know why either, but www.lowes.com has a feature that will tell you if the part number is stocked or special order at your neighborhood Lowes.

And Jason - if you need me to take detailed pics I will - I have one that I am saving for a future tank that isn't glued or painted.

jp

And Jason - if you need me to take detailed pics I will - I have one that I am saving for a future tank that isn't glued or painted.

jp

JP, when you have time, can you take a picture of the parts you have and their description? This would help me greatly when I go to Lowes or Home depot with the pictured items in hand to look for them. Thanks.

James

(edited)

you got it, but you'll need to go to Lowes - HD does not have the parts for some reason.

Edited by bigJPDC

Aisle 16!!!

When I was there I couldn't find the reducers in the toilet repair section - check page 2 of the RC thread for the part numbers.

lol

jp

i'd very much appreciate this :bluefish:

• 1 month later...

Jason, if this guy would have been working on a washer\dryer I would have thought it was you. :cheers:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1214501

I could totally do that

I kept scrolling up to the guys's profile because I was sure it was you. I like the pictures where the blow torch is going.

I could totally do that

That's not a gas dryer you work on is it? :wig:

• 9 months later...