Frag Swap Winter Meeting

michaelg

Holly, I would love a frag. Let me know what sizes you have, and the color. I dont want to sound picky but the greener the better for me. Also shoot me a PM on price and Ill see you at the meeting.

Victor, First off

WELCOME to the club.  Most people just email pics to interested parties or post in their galleries. And as far as transporting, few options. The soup containers from Chinese Carryout works great for small frags or just some ziplock bags and water to (or if you prefer to use the wifes most expensive Tupperware, love when she cries, ITS NO GOOD ANYMORE THERES FISH POOP IN IT.) Then put everything you've bagged up into a small "Coleman" type cooler and your set. Since its Winter, might want to let the car heat get to normal before loading your goods into it.  Hope you have a great time and dont fight to hard on the raffle!

Mike

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have alot of frags of Colt Coral. Let me know if anybody wants a frag. It's free, but I would like if I can get a frag of anything. Just let me know, I will be at the meeting and I am bringing several of colt frags.

-Mohsin

Moshin,

I would like a colt frag.  I lost mine last year, so getting a new frag would be great.

MichaelG,

The green digi I got from you years ago got over whelmed by my Green Cap.  Do you have any more?  I do not know if there is anything of mine you want in trade.  Truth be told, much of my tank came from frags from your tank :laugh:

Thanks, Mike

Guest D33rex

Does anyone have any extra tubes of glue I could have/buy?  Also if anyone has a BTA that splits before the meeting Id like one of those too.

Thanks

Does anyone have any extra tubes of glue I could have/buy?  Also if anyone has a BTA that splits before the meeting Id like one of those too.

Thanks

Dr. Mac always has a box of tubes he brings to the meetings, 6$.

If anyone is in need of small styrofoam coolers, drop me a line.  I can rescue some.  The get lots of them in at the lab- some are recycled, but unfortunately many are not (done on the supplier end).  These are smaller ones and perfect for a small amount of coral.  I can also salvage ice packs if anyone wants some of those (can also be warmed and used as warm packs).  Will have to get this stuff at the meeting though.  

Michael

Guest Ghazanfar Ghori

Got a friend hooked on reefs. He setup his 1st tank today

and is planning on attending the Wamas meeting, and possibly

joining the club. Any freebie corals, no matter how common,

will be greatly appreciated!

Guest Sgt Fury

Just upgraded to a 240 this weekend and have made the commitment to a bare bottom setup.  With this said, I have TONS of superb live sand, full of stuff.  I will transfer most to a large tote with a power head and heater until the meeting.  Also found the following for trade:

I large pistol shrimp

numerous brittle stars ...heck the sand is full of them

xenia

and a bunch of bright green starpolyps i can frag along with or a large softball size rock that covered.

As for me, always looking for sps.  Joe

Guest D33rex

Id be down for that pistol shrimp Sgt, I just got a yellow goby...exactly how much noise do the pistols make...as my tank is at the foot of my bed?

And thanks for the glue update doug....i just lost two zoo frags i was going to bring because I am a genius and just tried to cram them into some rock crevices...(crevi? haha)

Guest D33rex
Also, does Dr. Mac bring scavengers? I seem to be developing a slight bubble algae problem, you just cant get rid of that stuff. I could use some emerald crabs or sumthin.

Guest mikesroth
Since we just got a new 90 gallon tank, I could use any live sand that anyone has. :)

for glue i just always use gel type super glue. but i do have a culprit some were that nips at the glue :angry:  causing the frag to blow away some were. i can bring some live sand

one or two frags of this

46purple_tip_acro.JPG

1 for lee stearns

1 for weaponx

one or two of this

46green_monti.JPG

1 for weaponx if it available angel was nipping on it

and one or two of this

46encrusting_gorgonian.JPG

PM me if interested.

some of these if i can get them off of the rock

46ric_rock.JPG

ghazanfar Ghori

princedj

d33rex

Sgt fury, Ill take the Softball GSP. And a cup or two of Sand. Let me know If both are still available and how much youd like for both.

D33rex.  Yes Dr mac will bring anything you wish for to the meetings, from the site.  Just be prepared to bring extra cash and/or not get what you ordered. I order clean up crew every meet, but he somehow never brings everything I ordered LoL. Still havent figured that out. He must be starring at them metal halides to long! LoL And the extra cash, youll unequivocally buy something from his "frag feast" I ALWAYS leave these meetings having to explain(grovel) to the wifey "HER" new pets. LMAO

See you there,

Mike

I have a Chocolate Star that i could bring if someone with a fowlr wants it. I won't bring it unless i know someone will take it.  Let me know. Also fragged about 4 purple plusating xenia this weekend.

I went through this posting and saw few new members asking for frags.  I will bring free Purple Capnella also known as Kenya Tree (see my gallery) for the following new members.  If I missed someone please LMK ASAP.

Sleeper

Naso

Ghori

Guest Sgt Fury

The pistol shrimp is pretty loud...especially at night!  I've put him in a tote with LR while i complete my transition and will bring him to the meeting.

Also, as I wrote earlier, I wont commit to a trade before the meeting.  First come, first serve. Not looking to sell or make money, just enhance my viewing.  Show me what you got or go to the Dr. Mac table.  I dont plan on bringing anything back from the meeting except new frags.  See ya there.  Joe

Guest killrblue

Just my luck.  I'm starting a new tank and I will just need a cup or two of livesand....will pay.

John