Frag Swap Winter Meeting

michaelg

Sharon,

We had talked before about some capnella (and others) I sent pics of. I've got some fairly good sized (5-6") pieces on rocks that will bring if you want. I'll look for you at the meeting. Doesn't have a famous name that I know of, but I know it is HARDY! (ie, even I cannot kill)

Doug

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest naso
I am also putting my hand out for anything, I am getting some softies from some people, I will take anything, I can also pay for things. I will be the person looking lost, Just kidding. Looking forward to the meeting.

Guest rennfamily
My star polyps are actually going to be ready to frag if anyone would like some of them. They sure do grow.

Sharon, Do you have the borneman capnella that is all over the area?

Would that be the weed that is also referred to as the Kenya Tree coral earlier in this thread?  If so I can bring about 20 frags of that stuff for anyone that wants it.

probably. Originally thought to be a lithophyton, but most likely capnella.  yeah- can be a weed with dropping branches.

I was wondering if anyone was going to start a thread like this.  I have the following for trade/free/sell:

Lots of the weed capnella (mounted on rock rubble)

Waving hand xenia (mounted)

Silver branch xenia (mounted)

Brown skirt baby blue zoos (nice)  ***GONE***

Borwn skirt, orange ring, peach center zoos (these are really nice) ***GONE***

Brown skirt, peach center zoos ***GONE***

40 Astrea snails

Yellow tang ***GONE***

Small gold stripe maroon clown

A few big green/blue rics ***GONE***

Green candy cane (4 heads/polyps) ***GONE***

Mushroom rock (blue, green, watermelon) about 10 of them ***GONE***

Also looking for mated pairs of clowns, pocillipora (spelling?), clams, zoos or anything else someone might want to trade.  I can pay for stuff if you have a clam or clown pair you would like to see go to a good home.

See ya at the meeting, Matt

Yes!!!  I am off the hook. I was supposed to go to Jersey that weekend but was let off the hook.  So i will be coming to my FIRST meeting!

I have lots of Red and Purple mushrooms, Purple Xenia, 2 or 3 heads of Frogspawn.

I could use some cheato or anything else to go in my fuge. Any frags other than what i have is cool.

I am really going for the experience, knowledge and to put faces to names.

See you guys there!

<font color='#0000FF'>Don't have much but here it goes-

Green candy cane-1-10 polyps

tulip anemones

rock with yellow star polyps and red/brown palythoas

bright orange zoanthids

pompom xenia

toadstool leather

striped mushrooms

will trade for anything interesting (except capnella)

Also have neon green sinularia

cabbage leather

Tom

I do have several pieces of capnella that I got from 2 people--Jacob and Lee Stearns. Don't know if either are from Borneman, but I guess I don't more capnella...Looking for some other stuff...

Guest reverai

rocko918...I could bring you a quart size bag of cheato and some live sand and some  Tonga live rock rubble. Interested?

Steve

Guest cjm033

im also lookin for any kind of shrooms. im starting a 3 gallon shroom tank that will be ready for corals by the meeting. please lmk if would like to sell or even be kind enough toss me an extra shroom or 2. im not picky at all, ill be interested in any color or kind. only thing is they cant be mounted on a big rock because the tank is only a 3 gallon eclipse.

Thanks

-Chris

Here is what I have for trade:

Encrusting gorgonian (still available)

Green cap w/ purple rim (under the right light :P ) (Tom, Chip, Matt have a claim more still available)

Anthellia (tons!) - Good Lord take it!

Cabbage (a small bit) -GOHN - Matt

Stripped mushrooms (unmounted) (LOTS still available)

Leather (2 Mounted, more unmounted) (Still available)

Send me a PM, and I will reserve it for ye!

Id like to make a request to help stock my tank. I dont have anything to trade as of yet, and would prefer to Buy the corals as well. If I remember, the "free" table was just completely destroyed by a small group of people at the last meeting and I dont want to deal with that. Sorry for the pessimistic attitude but it was Highly disrespectful to the other members.

If Anyone has these available please let me know asking price and a pic if possible. Much thanks in advanced.

Live Sand

Macro, any type

Any Color Zoos, or Button polyps or Ricordias.

Frogspawn Frags or corals

GSP's

Xenias

Basically any softies.

Thanks again, and see you at the meeting,

Mike

Hey Mike,

I have 6-8" rock that I would consider trading for a similar sized peice of standard "clean" live rock. I has about 40 brown-green polyps with some greens mixed in (I think), 2 sarcophytons (each about 3"), and fat 5-6" tall capnella on it. Will send a pic if interested. Avoids pointy elbows at the freebee table!

Guest Wombat

Here are some frags I have to trade for the meeting:

2 Neon Green Sinularia

2 Purple rim green monti cap (Lengsy - came from VA reefman) about nickle sized but grows fast

2 Acro nasuta (green/yellow color)

1 or 2 Acro secale (tan and cream color)

1 Green zos (a few polyps)

3 Green digi

Hammer coral (a head or two if I can break them off)

I am looking for acros and millies generally. Questions for other traders:

Michael G - I'm interested in the Larry Jackson purple tip acro and the Reefmon bluetip stag if you have any are still available

Reefmon - Any table frags or purple acro available?

Jim Croce - Love some stomatellas if you have any.

ctrepto - Love some acro tricolor if you have any left.

Sgt Fury - I'm interested in the purple tip bottle brush, blue tort and your blue,pink and red millies

D33rex - interested in brain coral

OU snakebyte - Interested in red bird's nest

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you see anything above that you're interested in. It's nice to finally have some corals to trade for a change.

Simon

<font color='#000000'>I have the following available for trade/sale:

Purple with green tentacle/specks zooanthids

Orange/pink Montipora cap like sp. frags, mounted (2)

Montipora digitata green frags, unmounted

Pink Caulastrea (Doug, Moshin)

Green Caulastrea

Free

Borneman Litho/Capnella (Naso)

Purple/green mushrooms (Naso, cjm033, Ghazanfar) *Gone*

Brown zoos with pinkish center (Naso, David Fernandez)

New additions I have:

Green Ricordia florida single polyp..for trade or sale

David</font>

Simon,

I can bring one of each of those for you.  The stag will be a nice big ol piece :)  Any chance I can get either a frag of # 3  or # 4?

Guest Wombat

Michael,

You can have a frag of each, they won't be huge but the nasuta should be a decent size.

Simon

This will be my first swap. How do you normally package or care for the corals to transport them to the swap. Do most people bring pictures of what they look like in the tank before disturbing the them?

Thanks.. I plan on fragging a nice piece of trumpet coral. But at this moment thats all I have to offer. Anyone interested?

V