Reef Safe Wrasses

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4
What are your favorite reef safe wrasses?  Personally, I am a big fan of the sixline and the leopard.  I know how hard the leopard is to keep, but I may have to start looking for a healthy one that eats frozen food!

Guest goblinshark
yea, flasher werasses are cool, i now have a harem of 3 and the male is always flashing

EA has a leapord as of today i got mine from their about 4 months ago loves mysis i also have a yellow fin fairy and just got a flasher from roozens today but not sure what kind ill have to look it up

EA has a leapord as of today i got mine from their about 4 months ago loves mysis i also have a yellow fin fairy and just got a flasher from roozens today but not sure what kind ill have to look it up also remeber yo uneed thick enought substrate so they can burry themself

Guest AlgaeMaN
Which ones don't jump? I'm concerned about jumpers since I have open tops now.

Guest Tmtplyb
Yes they all can be jumpers, I lost my sixline in my open top tank, I had it for 3 years  :(  I just got another one hope it not trying to jump anytime soon!:angry:

Mike,

You know I'm going to recommend the Yellow Canary Wrasse (Coris):

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/m-fish/Yellow-Wrasse.html

Never had a problem, beautiful fish!

Howard

Guest AlgaeMaN
The only problem with the Canary is they prefer a sand bed and I'm BB. They are awesome looking, though

Mike- I have a whip finned fairy wrasse that doesn't sleep in the sand.  My leopard wrasse does.  That is going to be a real limiting factor on the wrasses.  Anyone know of a book that has a table for which ones sleep in the sand?

Guest clownfish4
Just for the record, I have sand in my tank, so it is not a limiting factor for me.  Howard, of course I knew you were going to say that!!  I will be adding the wrasses last, so I still have plenty of time to pick and choose.  Thanks for all the input.

Guest AlgaeMaN

Oops. Wrong Mike. There is always a bunch of us in a crowd. There are a lot of wrasses that don't sleep in the sand like

Sixline

Mystery

Lubock's

eightline flasher

hawaiian flame

Orange bar

lineatus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Siders
[tu] Fairy&Rainbow Wrasses and their relatives by Rudie H Kuiter has remarks at the beginning of each new genus of their behavior. PM me if you want something looked up.