Not a fan of softies

Leishman

for 40$ how big is the frag? Im also interest

It's not even a frag :) for $40 you get 1/3 interest in a frag that may or may not grow enough to become enough frags for all three of the investors to have one. And once everyone does have their frags - you still have to keep it alive. It really IS like speculating in the stock market.

bob

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bemmer

I would be interested in a frag as well. Count me in if you do a second purchase.

lol we started something here... please PM me and let me know 1. where to send the money and 2. who's tank it is going into. Also, if we have 6 people it still should only be $30 a person...

lol we started something here... please PM me and let me know 1. where to send the money and 2. who's tank it is going into. Also, if we have 6 people it still should only be $30 a person...

MY share is going into Steve's tank...

I think the first shared frag was inna, Steve, and I.

Who's ready to grow a 2nd? Or do you want your 1/3 frag in Steve's tank, also? hehehe

bob

(edited)

Well, if we get enough interest we could get 2 frags. So far I count 6 people......if all 6 commit it will be $40 a piece for 2 frags and shipping. Let me know soon as I plan to order tomorrow.

I say 2 frags. I'm sure in for 1/3 of a potential :)

I thing second should go to Bemmer's as her tank is well established/under control now.

Also I suggest all 6 people holding shares in both frags - if one perishes etc

Edited by dzekunoi

I thing second should go to Bemmer's as her tank is well established/under control now.

Fair enough - but if it's really slow growing - it may be a year before we all have a piece :)

I foresee lots of trips to Steve's to check the status of our 'investment'.

bob

Guest Bemmer

Sure, I would be happy to hold the frag in my tank. But I guess I am a little confused. I may have missed it. I thought we would all cut off our frag and each keep their own. Are these frag small so we are waiting for them to grow more before slicing them up? Thanks for the clarification.

Sure, I would be happy to hold the frag in my tank. But I guess I am a little confused. I may have missed it. I thought we would all cut off our frag and each keep their own. Are these frag small so we are waiting for them to grow more before slicing them up? Thanks for the clarification.

Yes - 1-3" frag is $110.

bob

Actually, the frags are $110 each. When you add shipping to that and divide it 3 ways it comes to ~$40 each. I'll know for sure when I order today. I'm going to go ahead and order 2 frags for the following interested parties:

Me

Bob (lanman)

Inna

Rabecca

lletellier

Ric

It looks like I'll keep one in my tank and Rabecca will keep the other in her tank. I'm looking at this as a commitment to buy so if anyone is having second thoughts speak up now.

STeve

lets do it

This will be interesting to watch unfold, how big will the frags be after the split?

It's like farm share - no split until the crop :)

Ok, the frags are actually going to be 47.00 each. Here is how it breaks out:

Subtotal: $220.00

Shipping: $59.49

Total: $279.49

Everybody chime in if you are still interested. I spoke to Eric and he said he will give us the 2 biggest he has and said they are both over 2-1/2".

Again, let me know.......if I don't have a definate "yes" from everybody for $47 I'm just going to order 1 frag.

STeve

(edited)

Everybody chime in if you are still interested. I spoke to Eric and he said he will give us the 2 biggest he has and said they are both over 2-1/2".

Again, let me know.......if I don't have a definate "yes" from everybody for $47 I'm just going to order 1 frag.

STeve

YES :)

Their shipping is the biggest I saw so far. :(

Edited by dzekunoi

STeve

Yes - lmk where to send payment.

'Ric

Guest Bemmer

Guys, Honestly at $30-40 sounded like a great deal...but now I am going to have to bow out.

Also, I am seriously thinking of treating my main tank with high levels of Magnesium to kill off my bryopsis, which has come back in full force. I would push my levels up to 1500-1600 for about a month to kill the nasty stuff off. So, far the only downside is that it has temporarily bleached out softies in other peoples' tanks who have tried this method.

Even if I stayed in the group buy, I would not feel comfortable holding the second frag in my main tank. I could keep it in the smaller 40g but that does not have as much flow.

So, I am going to pass....perhaps someone will sell me a frag later on down the road someday.

I hope you all understand and sorry for any inconvenience they may cause.

i'm in message me where to paypal the money

No problem Rabecca. I'm sure we can get someone else to jump in.

Eve - Do you want in??

I thought I was out and PM'd Inna about getting on her reserve list.

I'll go in and still hedge my bets for survival by staying on her reserve list. If all goes well with mine by the time Inna's is ready to share, we can deal with that then.

I thought I was out and PM'd Inna about getting on her reserve list.

I'll go in and still hedge my bets for survival by staying on her reserve list. If all goes well with mine by the time Inna's is ready to share, we can deal with that then.

I'll be in your list as well then :biggrin:

Houston, we have a problem. My fedex location won't accept dry goods, Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturday and I can't receive packages at work.

Will anybody be home to receive the package during the day or could have it delivered to work?

Houston, we have a problem. My fedex location won't accept dry goods, Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturday and I can't receive packages at work.

Will anybody be home to receive the package during the day or could have it delivered to work?

I'll send you a PM...

If I understood what you're asking - maybe I could... when is the delivery day? I'm only 15 mins down the road from you, and my daughter's college classes have become 'spotty' with finals this week, so she's going to be home most of the time. Just need the day and I'll see if she's going to be here all day.

bob

And a back up plan - I work from home on Fridays (if that's the delivery day).

(edited)

Bob - Delivery day would be on Friday. Let me know and I will order tomorrow. I could swing by and pick up on my way home from work. If that doesn't work it looks like we have a couple of backup plans.

Steve

Edited by steveoutlaw