Another zoa problem???

SteveM

Okay, I got a colony of zoas on a rock a few days agon and I have noticed that it also doesnt look right. See the pics and tell me if this is a disease or something eating them or if it isn't a problem at all. Should this be removed from my tank?

This fish tank stuff is driving me nuts... LOL

zoas_6.jpg

zoas_7.jpg

i dont see any pox but more of white on the polps which to me look normal. Steve do they open at all?

I suggest finding and eliminating the problem you have with Nitrates first before buying anymore corals. it will save you money and grief. Once you have corrected the Nitrate problem, you will be able to add all those beautiful corals without hesitation.

i dont see any pox but more of white on the polps which to me look normal. Steve do they open at all?

Yes they all open.

I have stopped putting anything else in my tank for the time being. As said above, I am trying to get rid of my nitrate problem before doing anything else.

Edited by SteveM

The big white areas look like dead sponge, you may want to pull it off.

Thats what I was wondering about. The big white areas. I want to make sure its not something killing the zoas.

Just had them looked at and it does appear that the areas I am talkking about is some kind of sponge. Thanks everyone.

Edited by SteveM