Tank Tours - Copps, Bemmer and Dbartco

flowerseller

Save the date folks:

Date: Saturday, March 24

Times:

Doug (Dbartco) 12-3 p.m. Purcellville, VA

Rebecca (Bemmer) 2-5 p.m. Leesburg, VA

John (Copps) 12-10 p.m. Leesburg, VA

As I recieve them, bios for each of these tanks will be posted over the next several weeks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bemmer

May I assume bringing a guest is okay?

We would like to make a day of it - and visit all three.

bob

Absolutely, Bob. The more the merrier. As I mentioned in the TT thread in the General Discussion, there is the Leesburg Premium Outlets for spouses or significant others that are not "in to" the reefer world. Although, I can't imagine that would ever be the case. :bluefish:

Absolutely, Bob. The more the merrier. As I mentioned in the TT thread in the General Discussion, there is the Leesburg Premium Outlets for spouses or significant others that are not "in to" the reefer world. Although, I can't imagine that would ever be the case. :bluefish:

Nah - she loves looking at the fish tanks. You know - everyone does... I've had various people drop by for various reasons - and most of them sit for 20-30 minutes in front of my 24 watching all the 'action'. Snails, hermits, shrimp, crabs, fish, corals - half an hour for 24 gallons. That could stretch into all day for a larger tank. :)

I'll figure out an itinerary and ask for some directions.

Thanks!

bob

• 2 weeks later...

More details and Q&A about the tour can be found here

Date: Saturday, March 24

Times:

Doug: 12-3 p.m. Purcellville, VA [270g sps reef tank with frag tank, 125 FOWLR, 30g seahorse]

949 Devonshire Circle

Purcellville, VA 20132

703-395-5190

MAP

Rebecca: 2-5 p.m. Leesburg, VA [Main tank is 225g and the seahorse tank is 40g. Both are in-wall with a fish room behind them.]

John: 12-10 p.m. Leesburg, VA [180g sps reef tank & 2 x 54g corner tanks next to each other to make semi-circle - lots of rare fish; 125g frag system]

Please indicate which tour(s) you will be coming to so we know how many folks we have coming to each house. Maps will be located at each house to get you from point A to B to C.

Coming to all three...awesome, just let us know. As the date gets closer, one of us will PM you with directions.

Thanks. :wig:

John, Rebecca and Doug

I would love to attend the 2 in Leesburg but I might have a little visitor come with me. She will be well monitored and will be kept close at hand. If it's cool I'd love to come and look and show my daughter what my tank will hopefully look like once I ever get it setup.

Thanks

I will make the long haul over to VA for the tours. From my perspective, they are all close together. So I'll try for all three.

I will be attending 2 in leesburg :)

I need direction(address) to John and Rebecca 's house.

Thank you

Andy,

Same here.

I see a lot of people have decided to forego Doug's tank on this tour and I hope most of you will reconsider that decision. He's a great guy with lots of knowledge and experience to share and he has some very nice coral to show off, maybe even a few frags for sale. If you've ever purchased a frag from him, you know they are usually very large and quite nice!

Bemmer,

Would you please resend your address by PM?? I cleaned out my mailbox and I guess I deleted your address PM by mistake :(

BTW.... I will be trying to make Doug tour too..... got some extra time today and I really wanted to see his tanks........

Edited by Mystical Lady

Guest Chaetodon

I realize this is late notice, but this is just a heads up that I plan on coming to see all three tanks. I'll probably just go to Doug's first (since his address is available) and get information there on the two in Leesburg.

Camille

:bb:

On the way to all 3!

Thanks to all who hosted the tank tours today :clap: . The wife and really enjoyed meeting all of you. Sorry I we couldn't stay long as I had to return to work tonight. The only down side was hearing "why doesn't your tank look like thiers" all the way back to D.C.

Edited by xabo