TANK TOURS - Fall 2006 - Summer 2009

flowerseller

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Jamal, with the 2 Firefish and 1 Perc in the tank by themselves for so long, adding the 2(3) Neon Striped Gobies and Tennenti Tang lately, I guess the excitment was too much for them to bare??

:eek:

Dang, Howard....sorry about your firefish.

After losing three animals in a 36 hour period, I feel your pain.

One carpet surfed, one I murdered on purpose (whelk), and the latest was the miniature watchman goby that I didn't even want to begin with. LOL He actually still may be alive in the back of the aquapod somewhere, but my gut tells me that he was eaten by the return pump.

Tracy

Thanks for the tank tour - awesome tank - and the steaks (will be eating very soon).

Jamal and Josh - nice to meet you guys!

Sorry to hear about the firefish - I've had that happen a couple times now.

Unbelievable, the second Firefish is back from the dead!!!

Don't know where he has been for the last week+, but swimming and looking great!

Too many caves and crevices to hide in?

:lol2:

I was flattered by Howard suggesting I add myself to the tank tours...... I am flattered, still a Newby and learning but willing to hook up with anyone in DC to schedule a tour. Anyone else in DC want to put together something. Brian? Chris? Anybody? PM me. Lets do this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob any news on this tank tour?

Let me holler at the DC homies and see if we cant do something after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

DC TANK TOUR SUNDAY DECEMBER 16th. 12:00 noon to 4 PM. Brian Ward and Bob Allen live less than 1/2 mile from each other and easy to hit both. Bob is also on green line metro @ Shaw/Howard U and a ride can certainly be shagged to Brian. Holiday snacks and beverages too!!

Bob Allen

506 Rhode Island Ave. NW

Washington, DC 20001

202 4620266 AllBbear@hotmail.com

150 gal mixed reef and 24 gal new frag tank.

interesting acrylic mixing/holding reservoir

new t-5's and kalk stirer 1.5 year old tank

Brian Ward

1929 1st. St. NE

Washington DC

757 6176217 BrianWard@VT.edu

Great 29 gal pretty cube 120 gal FOWLR tank

Magnificent angel and new Picasso tang. 120 sps

build in process. (great motivation to get some

progress)

ANYONE INTERESTED IN ADDING YOUR TANK TO TOUR..............PLEASE ADD INFORMATION.

Edited by Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I need to bail on this tour. I lost all the fish in the 120 FOWLR last weekend and I've been preoccupied with trying to treat those fish, clean up the tank, etc. The nano has been a bit neglected and has a fair amout of algae at the moment. If anyone really wants to stop by and take a look, let me know and I can be around. Weather's supposed to be horrible too, which certainly doesn't lend itself to many people making it out here.

Sorry guys. I'll get things in better shape early next year so we can have one in the spring.

~Brian

I would actually be interested in seeing some of the large tank projects "in progress". If you ask me, it's easier to learn from that than from seeing only the end results.

well i am available weekends so when at least two others in dc are ready we can get this ball rolling again

• 1 month later...

Any more tank tours going on? :scuba: I'm interested in seeing some member tanks!

will try to convince flowerseller to host one once he is finished with his renovation project :-)

• 1 month later...

i am in NW DC and would like to see some tanks to get ideas and info before mine is actually put together (collecting parts now and putting it together around April/May)

PM me if there is anything in the DC/Chevy Chase/Bethesda area !

Joe

• 1 year later...

If I wanted to host a tank tour what would be the next step.

I am thinking 7/11/09 or 8/8/09?

Anyone interested?

Here is a pic of the tank.

Dsc06193-2.jpg

Bruce

Anyone interested?

Here is a pic of the tank.

Bruce

Would be interested in seeing your set up again Bruce. (7/11)

Anyone interested?

Bruce

You've inadvertently already taken "the next step" by deciding to welcome us into your home and share your tank.

I'd suggest you identify reefers in your area, pick a date and have overlapping times so people can drop by several tanks over the course of the afternoon.

People tend to stay as long as they wish but enjoy the ability to check out several tanks over a few hours.

Let me know if I can help you organize.

Sonya and I will likely do a tour with several, local to us, reefers in the fall. After knfisher upgrades to a 150 and it has time to settle down.

OK. I am cleared for a tank tour Saturday evening 7/11/09 at 7:30.

If you are interested in stoping over and talking fish, I will provide some beers and chips.

I also have a couple of frags I need to clear out.

No RSVP required but if you know in advance you might stop by, please let me know so I plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 7 months later...

Anyone put one of these together recently? It is a great way to see a lot of different setups and ideas rolleyes.gif

You always see and learn more in person than by reading biggrin.gif