External Pump recommendations/ WTB

BtmDweller

Anyone have a recommendation for a quality external pump which can handle the weight from a 200 gallon mixing station? Current pump is leaking from the water pressure. When barrels are open 200 gallons gravity fed to the pump which then pushes up over the connected barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a reeflo blowhole pump your more then welcome to try. If it works, I’ll take a couple of frags for it. It was used on a 100 gallon mixing station and pushed water to the first floor from the basement.

http://reeflopumps.com/ Go with a Reeflo. I use 7. See their site for flow v. Head charts. Above blowhole might be perfect for what you need. I have always used a dart on my sw mixing 150 and a 2nd dart on my 150 FW. Super reliable. The SW dart runs 24/7

Anyone have a recommendation for a quality external pump which can handle the weight from a 200 gallon mixing station? Current pump is leaking from the water pressure. When barrels are open 200 gallons gravity fed to the pump which then pushes up over the connected barrels.

How many feet of head pressure do you have between your mixing station and wherever you pump the water? That will have a big impact on the type of pump.

Reeflo is my go to. I have an almost new hybrid reeflo I used on my 150 gallon mixing station for a half a year or so. Only ran it every other week. For a day or two and bought new.

How many feet of head pressure do you have between your mixing station and wherever you pump the water? That will have a big impact on the type of pump.

Well my mixing station consists of 4x 50 gallon barrels (two fresh, two salt) only two open at any given time. 100 gallons of water pushing down from about three feet off the floor to the pump on the floor and pumping up about seven feet or so.

Mixing when fresh closed valves and two salt barrels continuously pumped.

Baldor pumps 1/8 or 1/16 hp pump should easily handle that. I think John over at Blue Ribbon Koi has a used one sitting on his shelf. I’m pretty sure I saw one there the other day.

I use a Pan World pump to transfer water or to do the initial mixing when I add salt. 

I also have an old Koralia powerhead inside the container to circulate the water 24/7. The Koralia uses 1/6th the electricity of the Pan World.

Well my mixing station consists of 4x 50 gallon barrels (two fresh, two salt) only two open at any given time. 100 gallons of water pushing down from about three feet off the floor to the pump on the floor and pumping up about seven feet or so.

Mixing when fresh closed valves and two salt barrels continuously pumped.

Pressure isn't set by the gallons above the pump, it's created by how high the water column is above the pump. (For example, it doesn't matter if you're 5 feet below the surface in a pool or a lake, the pressure's the same.) It sounds like you have a maximum of about 7 feet of head pressure of salt water (or a little over 3 PSI). If the current pump is leaking from this pressure, then something's not right or is broken. Maybe it's missing an o-ring or has a damaged seal.

Anyway, I have a Panworld on my saltwater mixing station. I selected it because I had one laying around. I use Reeflo pumps in other parts of my system.